Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-29-2020, 05:45 PM   #29431
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
There is a new Thraxas book? I'm on it. Hopefully it resolves things. I was pretty bummed by book 10
I've enjoyed book 11 so far. There's a foreword where the author says that there'll be more.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:06 AM   #29432
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: Thraxas of Turai by Martin Scott. The 11th and last (so far) in the series. A very recent purchase, at the astonishingly high price (for me) of £5.50!
And I enjoyed it. But what a cliff-hanger ending!

Next up: Refusal by Felix Francis.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM   #29433
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Which narration of Nickelby are you listening to? And how do you like it?
I am listening to the fantastic Mil Nicholson recording. Mil has recorded almost all of Dickens for Librivox. She is also a professional reader for Audible (of trashy romances, I believe). Every Dicken's audiobook I have has been read by her.

I am finding the book itself a lot lighter than some of his others. While the mistreatment of children and the plots of debt collectors are two of the main themes, most of the "bad stuff" happens to secondary characters. There is a great deal of humor and some nice commentaries on marriage as well.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote