Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-28-2020, 01:15 PM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Fbreader ios vs android tap zones

I'm trying to use fbreader on an android tablet. Am I missing something tap zones can only be configured in ios? Android only allows page forward in EITHER left OR right. Is that corrected in the $version? I don't want to buy the pro version unless I can tap both left and right for page forward.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:53 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I'm trying to use fbreader on an android tablet. Am I missing something tap zones can only be configured in ios? Android only allows page forward in EITHER left OR right. Is that corrected in the $version? I don't want to buy the pro version unless I can tap both left and right for page forward.
On my Android FBReader Premium, one cannot set the entire screen for forward but it is possible to set the entire lower third for forward, with the top third being back (or vice versa).
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:36 AM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
On my Android FBReader Premium, one cannot set the entire screen for forward but it is possible to set the entire lower third for forward, with the top third being back (or vice versa).
I can't find that setting on the free version - it is an either or case. I'll buy the Premium and see if it does what I need - thanks.

Nope, purchased version still does not allow me to go forward from both the left and right. What setting are you using to set the forward, I must be missing something.

Last edited by peaceridge; 11-29-2020 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:47 AM   #4
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
@peacebridge: With a book open, if I select the settings option (click in centre of screen) and within the settings menu I can scroll down to an option for Page Turning and in the subsequent menu the last option is "Tap to scroll forward" which gives an option to select "bottom third of the screen".

Do you not see those options?
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:43 PM   #5
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
@peacebridge: With a book open, if I select the settings option (click in centre of screen) and within the settings menu I can scroll down to an option for Page Turning and in the subsequent menu the last option is "Tap to scroll forward" which gives an option to select "bottom third of the screen".

Do you not see those options?
Yes, I did see them, thanks. However, it only lets me choose one of the options, I want to choose 2 of them. The ios version lets me choose several different options -- it shows a screen with the tab zones outlined and I can choose the left, right, center, and tops for various actions when tapping. Fbreader said on their FB page that they had duplicated all between ios and android. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to this one. Thanks so much for your reply.