Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-19-2020, 12:00 PM   #3946
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Test Version Posted

2020-02-19
- Add order_threadmarks_by_date to base_xenforoforum, improve defaults.ini. For #469

Also documented threadmark_category_order setting.

Code:
## If desired, you can change the order FFF places threadmark
## categories.  (This setting does not remove categories, you need to
## use skip_threadmarks_categories for that.)
#threadmark_category_order:Threadmarks,Sidestory,Apocrypha,Omake,Media,Informational,Staff Post

## By default, FFF orders threadmarks first by category, then in the
## order they appear as determined by the author.  When
## order_threadmarks_by_date:true, all included threadmarks
## (skip_threadmarks_categories still works) will instead be ordered
## by their initial post datetime.  Different threadmark categories
## will be mixed together, and I've seen at least one case of post
## order on the site disagreeing with post datetime.
#order_threadmarks_by_date:false
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:57 PM   #3947
DandalfTheWhite
DandalfTheWhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My google issue seems to have gone away, at least in small batches. So it was probably a google side error.

A new issue, which I just ran into was this. Sometimes I send an email to my dedicated fic email account with a new story I want to download. I've been doing this for ages, but recently my blank emails with just a URL are not getting detected. I could have like 5 alerts and one email from myself. The plugin will mark the legit alerts as read and scrape their URLs, but the emails with just a link (all AO3 so far) are ignored. Even when there are no unread emails other than the one I sent myself in the inbox, the plugin says there are no valid story URLs found in unread emails. I think my formatting is okay because when I manually copy the link from the email to the plugin it works fine. Not really sure if this is a google thing again or if it is something on the plugin's end. To send them to myself it is usually from the mail app on my iphone.

Thanks again!
DandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:43 PM   #3948
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DandalfTheWhite,

The story URL has to be in the (text or html) body of the email, not the subject. And a recognizable URL, with http at the front.

Other than that, I don't know why they wouldn't work for you. I'd have to see the emails.

FYI, FFF checks all unread messages in the folder. So getting URLs from emails will be faster when there are fewer unread messages in the folder.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:44 PM   #3949
thsisneo4u
thsisneo4u began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Smile Is it possible to add support for novelplanet.com

Will it be possible to add support for novelplanet.com. It does have a pretty good library of light novels.
thsisneo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:52 PM   #3950
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

novelplanet.com has been previously requested and rejected:

https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/issues/221
Old 02-23-2020, 01:50 AM   #3951
catlover1019
Enthusiast
catlover1019 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.catlover1019 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.catlover1019 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.catlover1019 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.catlover1019 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.catlover1019 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.catlover1019 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.catlover1019 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.catlover1019 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.catlover1019 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.catlover1019 is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: none
I know I brought this up before, but I would really like to see sofurry.com supported. I don't think the site's doing too well, and I would really like to download my sizable number of faves in a nice format before it's too late.

Yes, it is mostly original fiction, but so are many of the sites you currently support. And yes, itdoes also have it's own Epub download function, however that can be disabled by the uploadeder, and more importantly downloads the whole "series" as a single epub with no choice to do it differently. While in many cases this can be okay, or even preferred (because sometimes they're more like individual chapters). However oftentimes people use the series function for grouping (like "pools" on IB if you're familiar with that) so many stories I don't care about at all often get downloaded along the way

Also, the automation of FFF is heavenly. I have hundreds of stories from other places that I already need to add manually, and I'm dreading having to do it any more than necessary.
catlover1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:31 PM   #3952
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is there any way to automatically have FFF set a fanfic status column to "Abandoned" if the last update is <2 years ago?

It's not that big an issue to do it manually, but...y'know....

(source)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-28-2020 at 08:34 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:16 PM   #3953
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is there any way to automatically have FFF set a fanfic status column to "Abandoned" if the last update is <2 years ago?

It's not that big an issue to do it manually, but...y'know....

FFF doesn’t. It only updates ebooks or metadata when you run it, and doesn’t have any date comparison function.

I’d consider a custom column that looks for “not Completed” and a comparison to an updated date custom column. That’s probably closest.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:46 PM   #3954
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just added a 'last updated' thing. I'll just make a saved search for in-progress fics updated more than two years ago. Works well enough for me.

New question: I know you're not supposed to update too many fics in one go. Is it the same for just updating the metadata? I'm doing it in small batches just to be on the safe side.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:09 PM   #3955
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Updating metadata from web site is the same traffic / site load as checking for updates--it's the same metadata collection code.

FFF has a feature under the Custom Columns tab where you can save all the raw metadata for a story to a 'long text' custom column whenever you update it and then you can do 'update metadata from saved metadata' when you change INI metadata settings or add more custom columns. I'd set that up before doing a bunch of metadata updates.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:27 PM   #3956
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Good idea. I just did that.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:02 PM   #3957
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Bug report, perhaps?

Sometimes, FFF fails to detect URLs in ePub files downloaded directly from AO3.

I zipped up one of the ePubs this happened to and attached it, if you'd like to examine it for yourself.

EDIT: Disregard. I'm an idiot who accidentally unchecked the "check inside eBook for story url" option. Sorry.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NoStoryURLsFound.zip (24.9 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-28-2020 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:06 PM   #3958
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FFF settings, Basic tab, Update Calibre options group, turn on "Search inside ebooks for Story URL".
Old 02-28-2020, 11:13 PM   #3959
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I had that enabled, but I must've accidentally disabled it. Sorry!
Old 02-29-2020, 11:37 PM   #3960
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I have my personal.ini set as so:

Code:
replace_metadata: 
 category=>^(.*)$=>Fanfiction.\1
 site=>www.fanfiction.net=>FanFiction.net
 site=>archiveofourown.org=>Archive of Our Own
However, it seems that the latter two lines causes the per-site Generate Cover to fail and fallback to the default. So I tried this:

Code:
generate_cover_settings:
 ${site}=> FanFiction.net =>FFNet
 ${site}=> Archive of Our Own=> AO3
Made sure that the box was checked, but it still fell back to the default cover. Did I mess up the syntax or does it not support?

Thanks and sorry for the zillion questions lately

EDIT: And it suddenly started working! I have no idea either.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-01-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Tags
fanfiction