Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 03:39 AM   #46
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
You know, I like to give donations to people who make awesome work... but this site is going to ruin me!! First the Calibre software which is awesome, now this one which one-ups the awesomeness of Calibre... the only thing which could be more awesome would be a GUI to download books from Project Gutenberg and other DRM-free sources. Then I'd get broke... buying books and donating to the creators. This is heaven!!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:59 AM   #47
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
You know, I like to give donations to people who make awesome work... but this site is going to ruin me!! First the Calibre software which is awesome, now this one which one-ups the awesomeness of Calibre... the only thing which could be more awesome would be a GUI to download books from Project Gutenberg and other DRM-free sources. Then I'd get broke... buying books and donating to the creators. This is heaven!!
Well that is just what we offer with the 302. Direct access to the Project Gutenberg epub archives, refreshed every single day and to other DRM-free resources, namely MobileRead books and, a bit later, Feedbooks.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 05:44 AM   #48
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well that is just what we offer with the 302. Direct access to the Project Gutenberg epub archives, refreshed every single day and to other DRM-free resources, namely MobileRead books and, a bit later, Feedbooks.

Fantabulous!

Perhaps a desktop companion for the non-wified models may be sneaked in meanwhile? :P
Old 02-26-2010, 05:54 AM   #49
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post

Fantabulous!

Perhaps a desktop companion for the non-wified models may be sneaked in meanwhile? :P
yes, there will be definitely a web interface
Old 03-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #50
ArchCarrier
ArchCarrier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
New version 0.8.0 available.

Changelog:
* added page autoflip
* added setting to select status bar replacement dialog content
* fixed styles loading
* fixed HTML encoding reading from Content-Type
ArchCarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 AM   #51
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I just got my PB360 yesterday and this thread is confusing me! There are so many links that look similar, but some are at different URLs. Is this last one posted the only one I should be using?

I'd love the wrist page turn feature, but I'm not sure which link to click.

I've been playing with my Pocketbook all day (I'm not supposed to have it until my birthday in two weeks, but my husband said to make sure it works before I pack it back away) and LOVE it. FBreader displays my .html files perfectly, much better than I expected it to, frankly.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #52
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I'd love the wrist page turn feature, but I'm not sure which link to click.
Short answer - the last link is the newest one.

Longer answer.
Mobileread member SciFiFan made a customized version of FBReader with wrist pageturns and uploaded it to the http://pbook.s3.amazonaws.com/
under the name http://pbook.s3.amazonaws.com/fbreader_180.zip
later on, he added several important controls, like setting the tilt angle and published versions under names
http://pbook.s3.amazonaws.com/fbreader_180a.zip
http://pbook.s3.amazonaws.com/fbreader_180b.zip
http://pbook.s3.amazonaws.com/fbreader_180d.zip
http://pbook.s3.amazonaws.com/fbreader_180d.zip
http://pbook.s3.amazonaws.com/fbreader_180e.zip

Then came another developer called graynm76 and set up a project page at http://code.google.com/p/fbreader-pockebook/
You can download all versions at http://code.google.com/p/fbreader-po...downloads/list The higher the version number the newer the file.
There are important and very interesting improvements. Like support for changing styles from inside of FBReader, without manualy editing styles.xml file on your PC.
Click on Wiki on his page and read options description. You can even ask for features (preferably in Russian language Just kidding, there are accepted suggestions in English as well)

You can have several versions installed at the same time, just have a look at my previous post describing the extensions.cfg file in this thread. And knowing how IndecisiveYou are, you should definitely use that option and install (ant try out!) all 20 previous versions ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #53
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Ahh, ok, thanks

As for how IndecisiveI am :P you're right, I think I'll need to try them all out. Sadly, my Pretty Pocketbook has been put away for the next two weeks until my birthday. I was allowed to test it out today and now it's back in its box waiting patiently. Or not.

Is it two weeks yet?
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #54
Logseman
Orisa

The G-Sensor is working much better now. Kudos for the update!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #55
ArchCarrier

New version 0.8.1
Old 04-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #56
ArchCarrier

New version 0.8.2
Old 04-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #57
ppawel
ppawel began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
Can this new FBReader also be used with a PB301+, even though it won't take advantage of the accelerometer features? Sounds like it has some other features that are interesting.
ppawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #58
ppawel
ppawel began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
I just tried it and it works on the 301+. Much more configuration options for indentation, spacing, etc. Very nice!
ppawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #59
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Does this solve the problem of FB reader not recognizing blank lines between paragraphs?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:47 AM   #60
mtravellerh
book creator

No, it doesn't.