Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Revive A Sick SmartQ

I finally managed to get my sick Q7 (would not turn off, would not boot or re-flash) up and running after many unsuccessful attempts, so I thought I would post my method here in the hope it will help someone else.

Firstly prepare an SD card
Format the SD card with the Panasonic SD Card Formatting Tool. http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...formatter.html
Doing this is highly recommended as I wasted several days using a card that had previously worked OK with my Q7 and still worked fine in my PC, but subsequently turned out to have 4 strange partitions on it when viewed on my now working Q7.

Now use the SDUpdate/Card Fuser Tool on the newly formatted SD card. http://www.jiongtang.com/fourm/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=746 Copy a SmartQ7 firmware file onto it and press the (●) key (top right) while powering on OR reseting the Q7. There is a longer delay than usual before the flashing started but once it did everything went well from there on.
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Great work, Nation! I'm happy to hear you have revived it. My SmartQ7 has a problem with the touch screen. It is completely intermittant and sometimes I can use it for a long time before it happens, but eventually the touch screen just stops working. It doesn't matter what OS I'm using. Anyhow, it works well enough for me to use it in reviews for comparisons, so that is what I'm using it for.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert