Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-20-2020, 06:24 AM   #1
sup
Connoisseur
sup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2012)
Using recipes on Android - can CC do it?

I seem to be unable to google this. Can Calibre companion use Recipes from Calibre on its own?

A model situation - I am on vacation, have my android phone on me but my computer where Calibre is installed stays turned off at home. Can I use a recipe to download a news piece and send it to my reader?

If CC cannot do it, are there any other options?
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:06 AM   #2
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Nope, CC hasn't that functionality. I don't know what you could use, maybe an RSS reader, if your recipes aren't very complex and the websites have RSS feeds, or the RSS reader app is able to scan websites.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:13 AM   #3
sup
Connoisseur

No, I would need Calibre Recipes. So the only option would be to run some sort of virtualized linux on android, install calibre there and do it from there? Ugh :-(.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:38 PM   #4
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
You could also leave your computer at home on, and program a script to daily download your recipes and email them. Or use a Raspberry or something similar less power consuming. Or rent something in the cloud to do that task, it wouldn't cost much. Those options seem easier to me than the Linux on Android solution 😉
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:05 PM   #5
sup
Connoisseur

I have such an arrangement on my mother's computer, but it is not that reliable, she frequently goes on vacations and then the news do not get downloaded. I explored openwrt and that is not complex enough for it, renting something in the cloud sounds like too much hassle (and I have not idea how much these things cost, anything over a dollar amonth would seem to much to me.