Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #1
sao
sao began at the beginning.

Device: none
pinch-to-zoom for Glowlight 7.8"?

I'm looking into getting the GL 7.8", but I need to be able to pinch-to-zoom. I'd like to ask to for a favor from those of you who who the 7.8":

(1) Could you please sideload an ereader app (e.g. alreader, ebookdroid) and see if pinch-to-zoom work for epub AND for pdf?

(2) Bonus question: Could you sideload a browser and see if pinch-to-zoom AND scrolling work for webpages?

MANY MANY thanks!
sao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
Ryzir
Connoisseur
Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook GL3, Kobo H2O, Nook STG, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500
Pinch-to-zoom works on my Glowlight 3. I believe the 7.8 runs the same software. Be aware you will probably need some sort of back button to navigate some side loaded apps.
Ryzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #3
sao
sao began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzir View Post
Pinch-to-zoom works on my Glowlight 3. I believe the 7.8 runs the same software. Be aware you will probably need some sort of back button to navigate some side loaded apps.
Thanks! I used "button savior" on my old nook simple touch and it worked well. I wonder if it works on the 4.4 software?

Also, have you rooted/install TWRP on your GL3?
sao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:01 PM   #4
Ryzir
Connoisseur
Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook GL3, Kobo H2O, Nook STG, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500
I haven't tried button savior on my GL3 but I imagine it should work.

I have mine rooted so I could remap one of the buttons to be a back button and to be able to set my own screensaver. I didn't install TWRP.

You don't need to root just to side load apps. After installing a launcher and a file browser using adb you can side load apps by transferring from your computer with usb and then installing them from the file browser.

Last edited by Ryzir; 04-05-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Ryzir is offline   Reply With Quote