Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-17-2024, 08:11 PM   #2881
robinp
robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
The tiles no longer exist on modern firmwares:
OK, I see. Instead of the word "tiles" in my sentence, "things on the screen which are clutter/not interesting" would be better. Removing them would require access to the source code of the firmware, which is proprietary and hence not available?

And I assume the work by pgaskin does not cover this? I still haven't figured out how kobopatch works and what it can do, it's a little different to anything I've experienced before in coding/modding.

Last edited by robinp; 03-17-2024 at 08:14 PM.
robinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 08:49 PM   #2882
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
There are a couple of patches for modifying the rows on the home screen in the KoboPatch documentation ( Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen and Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 09:18 PM   #2883
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Also note that if you long-press a book on the home screen, the 'Remove' has an option to dismiss it from just the home screen.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 01:36 AM   #2884
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A requested bug-fix:

The current version has a bug with "Show Reading Position Changes." The checkboxes don't work, and will update reading position on all books even if you deselect them.

davidfor sadly passed before he could fix it and I'm not good enough at Python to figure out what changes would be needed.
Old 03-18-2024, 10:04 AM   #2885
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
A requested bug-fix:

The current version has a bug with "Show Reading Position Changes." The checkboxes don't work, and will update reading position on all books even if you deselect them.

davidfor sadly passed before he could fix it and I'm not good enough at Python to figure out what changes would be needed.
Yes, a fix for this would be very helpful.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 10:41 AM   #2886
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinp View Post
OK, I see. Instead of the word "tiles" in my sentence, "things on the screen which are clutter/not interesting" would be better. Removing them would require access to the source code of the firmware, which is proprietary and hence not available?

And I assume the work by pgaskin does not cover this? I still haven't figured out how kobopatch works and what it can do, it's a little different to anything I've experienced before in coding/modding.
My Books Section has least clutter and becomes home page if SideloadedMode=true
It can be like the old tiles with all dismissed except books if you have grid rather than list, filter = reading and sort= recent.
Though I use List which shows Title, Author, Series and Subtitle. I often put a blurb extract as subtitle if there isn't one.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:04 PM   #2887
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's just better to register with a valid account. Then once you setup your Kobo, that's it done.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:19 PM   #2888
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Did... you even read the conversation? Or just see 'SideloadedMode' and immediately go "but register!!!"
Old 03-18-2024, 08:06 PM   #2889
robinp
robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's just better to register with a valid account. Then once you setup your Kobo, that's it done.
I'm unsure of the validity of "better". I think that depends on context.
robinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 04:39 PM   #2890
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Beta Version 2.16.14
Warning: Experimental!

For Firmware 4.39.22801 (for Libra Colour, Clara BW, and Clara Colour), this ideally should enable the new fonts in 'Set Reader Fonts for Selected Books.' I have not tested this personally as I have not those devices.

If anyone using the new firmware would care to test this (or buy me a new reader - just kidding! ), it would be greately appreciated. Mostly checking that the new fonts actually set correctly - some of them might have different internal names as used in the content_settings table, and there's some weirdness around Bariol possibly only being available for Tolinos.

I made the changes by the list on this github issues:

Additions: Atkinson Hyperlegible, Bariol, Bitter, Noto Sans, Texturina, Ubuntu, and Vollkorn.
Removals: Georgia, Avenir, Amasis.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kobo Utilities.zip (1.18 MB, 15 views)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-15-2024 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:06 PM   #2891
mistle
mistle began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Hi,

It seems to me that none of the cover image upload options work? Though I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong.

Checking the epub/kepub on my device, it's always the same version as in my library. Doesn't convert to PNG, isn't greyscale, isn't letterboxed etc.

What's weird though, in Calibre while in the device tab, the covers are showing as greyscale?
mistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 12:25 AM   #2892
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistle View Post
It seems to me that none of the cover image upload options work? Though I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong.
You may have to do a restart for the cached in memory information to be dumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistle View Post
Checking the epub/kepub on my device, it's always the same version as in my library. Doesn't convert to PNG, isn't greyscale, isn't letterboxed etc.

What's weird though, in Calibre while in the device tab, the covers are showing as greyscale?
A few firmware updates back, Kobo went from writing the frame buffer in 24 bit colour so screenshots were in colour to writing it in 4 bit grayscale so doing a screenshot of a colour image now shows a grayscale image. If you look at the parsed image files for an ebook (found in the .kobo-images/number/number (the numbers are based on hashing the ebook name), they are in colour. If you rename the parsed files to .png, you can display them without having to play games.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 01:02 AM   #2893
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Beta Version 2.16.14

For Firmware 4.39.22801 (for Libra Colour, Clara BW, and Clara Colour), this ideally should enable the new fonts in 'Set Reader Fonts for Selected Books.' I have not tested this personally as I have not those devices.

If anyone using the new firmware would care to test this (or buy me a new reader - just kidding! ), it would be greately appreciated. Mostly checking that the new fonts actually set correctly - some of them might have different internal names as used in the content_settings table, and there's some weirdness around Bariol possibly only being available for Tolinos.

Additions: Atkinson Hyperlegible, Bariol, Bitter, Noto Sans, Texturina, Ubuntu, and Vollkorn.
I'll test it when I receive my new Clara Colour (after April 30th - not kidding)
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 07:18 AM   #2894
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Beta Version 2.16.14

The removals should be added back in as most of us are not running 4.39 and if the changes work, it will get released and then we'll lose out on the three removed fonts. What would work best to to check what firmware version is being used and then use a font list that fits with that firmware version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 07:26 AM   #2895
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The removals should be added back in as most of us are not running 4.39 and if the changes work, it will get released and then we'll lose out on the three removed fonts. What would work best to to check what firmware version is being used and then use a font list that fits with that firmware version.
That's how it already works. I'm running the test version myself and the fonts are still available on older firmware.

Code:
KOBO_FONTS = {
            (0, 0 ,0): { # Format is: Display name, setting name
                 'Document Default':  'default', 
                 'Amasis':            'Amasis', 
                 'Avenir':            'Avenir Next', 
                 'Caecilia':          'Caecilia',
                 'Georgia':           'Georgia', 
                 'Gill Sans':         'Gill Sans', 
                 'Kobo Nickel':       'Kobo Nickel', 
                 'Malabar':           'Malabar', 
                 'Rockwell':          'Rockwell', 
                 'Gothic':            'A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N', 
                 'Ryumin':            'A-OTF Ryumin Pr6N', 
                 'OpenDyslexic':      'OpenDyslexic', 
                 },
            (3, 19, 0): { # Format is: Display name, setting name
                 'Document Default':     'default', 
                 'Amasis':               'Amasis', 
                 'Avenir':               'Avenir Next', 
                 'Caecilia':             'Caecilia',
                 'Georgia':              'Georgia', 
                 'Gill Sans':            'Gill Sans', 
                 'Kobo Nickel':          'Kobo Nickel', 
                 'Malabar':              'Malabar', 
                 'Rockwell':             'Rockwell', 
                 'Kobo Tsukushi Mincho': 'KBJ-TsukuMin Pr6N RB', 
                 'Kobo UD Kakugo':       'KBJ-UDKakugo Pr6N M', 
                 'OpenDyslexic':         'OpenDyslexic', 
                 },
            (4, 13, 12638): { # Format is: Display name, setting name
                 'Rockwell':             'Rockwell', 
                 'AR UDJingxihei':       'AR UDJingxihei', 
                 },
            (4, 34, 20097): { # Format is: Display name, setting name
                 'Rakuten Serif':        'Rakuten Serif',
                 'Rakuten Sans':         'Rakuten Sans',                    
                 },     

(4, 39, 22801): { # Format is: Display name, setting name
                 'Atkinson Hyperlegible':'Atkinson Hyperlegible', 
                 'Bariol':               'Bariol', 
                 'Bitter':               'Bitter',
                 'Noto Sans':            'Noto Sans',
                 'Texturina':            'Texturina',
                 'Rakuten Serif':        'Rakuten Serif',
                 'Rakuten Sans':         'Rakuten Sans',     
                 'Ubuntu':               'Ubuntu',	
                 'Vollkorn':             'Vollkorn',				 
                 },

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-16-2024 at 07:30 AM.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities