Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Kindle behaving oddly after reset

For the second time in a few months, my Kindle suddenly froze yesterday and would not exit sleep mode. I did the reboot where you hold the power switch for one minute and it came back on, but now it is behaving oddly. The collections are no longer sorted by most recently used, and I had to go digging through several screens to find the one I was reading. When I tried to sort by most recently used, it did not show the collections but rather the books in one big list. Also, when I added some new books, they did not have the 'new' icon. I don't care about that, but I do want the collections to be sorted either by most used, or alphabetically so I can find things, and not in a random order as they are now. How can I get things back to normal again?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Are the collections correct? The collection file might have gotten corrupted when it crashed. Not really much you can apart from recreate it in that case. Somebody is making a tool that makes it easier to recreate the collection file. Its linked on this forum.

Last edited by Tiersten; 09-11-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Is your clock correct? I was finding in my multiple reboots (with the old firmware) that I would lose the clock setting most times. If the clock is not correct, "most recently used" doesn't work properly.

If you've actually lost your collections, I've seen some references to de-registering/re-registering your Kindle to force it to re-download the collections that have been synced to Amazon.

Good luck
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote