Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
someoneinseattle
someoneinseattle is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony E-reader PRS 505
Smile Reading .DOC file on PRS 505

I own a PRS 505. Love it by the way.

I am thinking of buy this rare book on .DOC format. The seller said he/she would send the file to me via e-mail or CD. Will I be able to read it with my PRS 505? Any challenges with it? Will I have to do any conversion or I will automatically be able to ready it? What am I to expect here?

Thanks.
someoneinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
tweety
Enthusiast
tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
.DOC is Microsoft Word, just save as RTF and run it through Calibre

What's the book? If it is in Word format it's no longer 'rare'.
tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
someoneinseattle

Tweety,

run it through Calibre? You mean use Calibre to convert it to something else or use Calibre to simply transfer the file over to the Reader? Sorry if the question seems to be silly to you but I am a newbie here. The title is Devil's Guard
By George Robert Elford
Old 07-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
If you have MSWord installed, and the Sony Library software installed, just import the .DOC file into the Reader Library and it will convert to .RTF which can be read on your reader.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
someoneinseattle

Thanks, Wetdogeared. I have both Word and Sony Library installed on my computer. From your reply, I don't think I will have to do anything differently.
Advert