Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-16-2008, 05:34 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Multi-language books in mobipocket

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to create multi-language mobipocket books (preferably with mobiperl). I'm thinking, for instance, of bilingual editions, with the original and the translation, and of course, I would like some portion of the book to be set as language1 (so that a dictionary search would look in language1 dictionaries) and some other portion as language2... So actually, what I would like is some mark-up in the HTML, if possible.

If, as I fear, it is only possible to set a single language, I guess I would set for a null language... How can this be done with mobi2mobi?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
In Mobipocket Creator one can just set one language (apparently), as stated in the Help File (Publication Preferences, Default language):
«This is the language that will be set for all new publications that you create. The language of an ebook is used by the Mobipocket Reader mainly in the scope of the dictionary functionality, i.e. to automatically list the dictionaries corresponding to the language of the ebook.»
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
If, as I fear, it is only possible to set a single language, I guess I would set for a null language... How can this be done with mobi2mobi?
You can write any number as argument to the --language flag so I suppose you can test "--language 0".
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote