Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 07:28 PM   #1
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Remote access to Calibre library, WITHOUT content server?

Is it possible to grant read-only remote access to my Calibre library to a full Calibre installation running on a remote client machine?

e.g., The remote client runs a full version of Calibre, and they can select a library to connect to via a network path? Then everything operates on the client end just as if the library was local.

e.g., The client is configured to connect to:

calibre://www.my-domain.com:my-port/path-to-library

e.g. On my Calibre installation (acting as a server) I specify if this remote access will be read-only or read-write, I specify it authentication is required, etc. I really don't care about read-write, I would only use read-only. So a lot of the buttons on the client Calibre might be non-functional, and preferably grayed-out when connected to a remote library.

I have read that Calibre is not network-mount friendly (why?), otherwise you could do all this outside of Calibre itself. Which would actually be preferable IMHO.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Rsync is your friend. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...rked-drive-nas
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert