Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
What file Extensions should FBReader support from the contentlister?

I'll be setting up an installer for FBReader with 2.11 when it's released. My question is, what file extensions should should be opened with FBReader from the contentlister?

According to fbreader's website it supports:

Quote:
# Supported formats are

* fb2 e-book format (style attributes are not supported yet).
* HTML format (tables are not supported).
* CHM format (tables are not supported).
* plucker format (tables are not supported).
* Palmdoc (aportis doc).
* zTxt (Weasel format).
* TCR (psion text) format.
* RTF format (stylesheets and tables are not supported).
* OEB format (css and tables are not supported).
* OpenReader format (css and tables are not supported).
* Non-DRM'ed mobipocket format (tables are not supported).
* Plain text format.
* .epub
PDB, TXT, HTML are already supported natively so the list should include

• chm
  • rtf
  • oeb
  • opf
  • epub
  • fb2
  • tcr?

Let me know if there are any additions or corrections. I don't use FBReader for much other than chm, so the rest is up to you guys!
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
LIT would be nice.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
LIT would be nice.
In this thread, I'm talking about file types that are already supported by the FBReader program. This is mostly for the people who are manually adding files to the FBReader library.

However, since I have convertlit compile for the iLiad, I can script something that will automatically remove the drm and convert to oeb format and open in FBReader...

But let's keep this thread on track.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I don't know about other folks, but I'd rather (by far) read HTML and TXT in fbreader than in the viewer provided on the iLiad. So a script that lets me make that adjustment would be greatly appreciated.

(I'd also like to throw in another vote in favor of the auto-LIT-convert script you described.)

I really wish we could get an adjustable number of items in the Contentlister page....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
OEB documents are often held in a zip bundle, and FBReader recognizes the extension .oebzip for this kind of document. Several of these file formats typically have the extension .pdb (Plucker, Palmdoc, zTxt), but so do many other kinds of files - including some e-book formats. This sometimes causes confusion, but it may be better to map .pdb to FBReader than to nothing. Or explicitly check bytes 61-68 for the strings: "DataPlkr", "TEXtREAd" (Aportis Doc), or "zTXTGPlm".
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Hmmm all fbreader extensions except the ones that the Iliad supports native. But you could then add an option asking if html and txt are also runnable from content reader.
On the other hand, if I wanted fbreader to read a txt instead of the iliad, I just add it to the fbreader library...
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #7
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I too read html files with FBReader.
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote