Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-01-2017, 10:21 PM   #1
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Dropbox and Marvin error

Hi!

I was just loading some books onto my phone and Mini and received the same error on both devices. Phone is an iPhone 6 Plus and the Apple Mini is the original one.

When I click on add books and then on Dropbox, I get the following error:
Opps
An error occured when looking for books in your Dropbox. Error Domain=dropbox.com Code=400 "(null)" UserInfo={keyword=.epub,path=/,error=v1_retired}
I then click on OK and no books show up in My Dropbox.

I'm able to go to Dropbox and then into the directory where my books are and then load them but, admittedly, it takes quite a few more "clicks" to get the job done.

I was able to add books from Dropbox through Marvin just a few days ago and now, I'm getting that error and I'm puzzled.

I rebooted my computer (PC) and my iPhone and still get the error.

What I'm worried about is if Dropbox had an update to have it work with the new OS that is going to be released and if that munged up something in the way Marvin used to connect to it.

Anyone have any ideas????

Shykat
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:01 AM   #2
funny
funny knows what time it isfunny knows what time it isfunny knows what time it isfunny knows what time it isfunny knows what time it isfunny knows what time it isfunny knows what time it isfunny knows what time it isfunny knows what time it isfunny knows what time it isfunny knows what time it is

Device: Marvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
Hi!

I was just loading some books onto my phone and Mini and received the same error on both devices. Phone is an iPhone 6 Plus and the Apple Mini is the original one.

When I click on add books and then on Dropbox, I get the following error:
Opps
An error occured when looking for books in your Dropbox. Error Domain=dropbox.com Code=400 "(null)" UserInfo={keyword=.epub,path=/,error=v1_retired}
I then click on OK and no books show up in My Dropbox.

I'm able to go to Dropbox and then into the directory where my books are and then load them but, admittedly, it takes quite a few more "clicks" to get the job done.

I was able to add books from Dropbox through Marvin just a few days ago and now, I'm getting that error and I'm puzzled.

I rebooted my computer (PC) and my iPhone and still get the error.

What I'm worried about is if Dropbox had an update to have it work with the new OS that is going to be released and if that munged up something in the way Marvin used to connect to it.

Anyone have any ideas????

Shykat
The developer is fixing it. Dropbox updated and a lot of applications that used the old Dropbox don't work.

Developer's twitter --> https://twitter.com/marvinreader
funny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:06 AM   #3
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

aaahhhh

Thank you!! Now, I admit that I'm NOT using the Marvin 3. The one I'm using is the old one with the red icon with the white M. Will that version also be updated??
Old 10-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
"Maybe"...

I know Kris isn't actively developing anything new for the old Marvin, but he "may" fix glitches.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:12 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
"Maybe"...

I know Kris isn't actively developing anything new for the old Marvin, but he "may" fix glitches.
With Marvin 2.9.1, full screen images get squashed, I reported it in a new thread and in a PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #6
Shykat
Groupie

I do hope that a glitch like this would be fixed for those of use who do still use the Classic Marvin.

PLEASE!!!

Shykat
Old 10-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #7
heinrich
heinrich began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I have exactly the same problem. I deleted and re-downloaded Marvin 3 and now I have no books, nada. I guess I have to go back to cellulose.
heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:03 AM   #8
Jsolomon
Jsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Marvin on iPad mini 2 & iPad Air 2
Getting error 400 when trying to download books from dropbox (Marvin 3). If, as mentioned above, this is a known issue I hope that it will be fixed soon. This is the last reasonably convenient method I have of transferring books from my PC library to Marvin.

Forgot to mention that I attempted to unlink and relink dropbox and Marvin but this didn’t fix the issue.
Jsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #9
Banshay
Banshay began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise-1150, Sony PRS-505, Iphone 4, Ipad 1st Gen
Dropbox error looks fixed now with the update.
Banshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #10
Bobioden
Connoisseur
Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iPad rMini
Where do you find the update, not seeing it yet in the App Store for iPhone or iPad.
Bobioden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobioden View Post
Where do you find the update, not seeing it yet in the App Store for iPhone or iPad.
Marvin 3 was updated. Marvin 2.9.1 was not updated.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:53 PM   #12
Shykat
Groupie

::wail:: I really wish that 2.9.1 would be updated, as well. I admit that I really haven't upgraded to version 3 but that's mainly because 2.9.1 does what I need.

I admit when I try version 3 I have been trying to find how to have black background with white text. Maybe a sepia background with dark brown text. Something easy on the eyes.

I'll keep hoping that 2.9.1 will have the Dropbox update,

Thanks!