Notices

Old 07-28-2020, 07:54 AM   #1
emphyrion
Enthusiast
emphyrion began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad, Nexus 7
CC doesn't see my library on Dropbox

Hello,

I'm new to CC and am trying to use the demo version before I buy the complete version.
Here is my problem: my library is on Dropbox, but CC can't find it.
It shows me three directories (Photos, Public and Screen shots: why these??) that don't contain any Calibre library, and completly miss my two Calibre libraries.
I am probably missing something, but I don't know what...

Thanks for your help,
Emphyrio
emphyrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #2
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Hey!

Give this a read and confirm the library is correctly set up.

https://calibrecompanion.co/how-to-dropbox-onedrive/

Thanks,
Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2020, 03:40 AM   #3
emphyrion
Enthusiast
emphyrion began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad, Nexus 7
Hello Alex,
Thank you for your answer.
I was trying to answer you when I realised that I'm using a wrong Dropbox account.
It is actually more subtle than that : I have a Gmail account which looks like that : firstname.lastname@gmail.com.
I don't know if you know that, but Gmail automaticaly creates synonyms for your email.
In my case, for example, I can use firstnamelastname@gmail.com, firstname_lastname@gmail.com, etc.
From the beginning I took the habit to use firstnamelastname@gmail.com when I register on a website. And I have done so for Dropbox.
I also created another Dropbox account with firstname.lastname@gmail.com.
Now the problem : when I use the "login with Google" option, CC logs me to the last (firstname.lastname) instead of the first (firstnamelastname)...
I don't see any solution to my problem as long as the Dropbox login has not been fixed on CC...
Emphyrio
emphyrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:31 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
dropbox login IS now fixed in latest releases. I was one of the original complainers, and testers of CC betas

possibly, the demo version lags behind the paid for full version by a few releases. So dropbox + demo version my not be an option for you. the old CC versions do work OK with box, and you can get 10GB free from box.com
if you copied your library to box and connected to that with demo version, it should work for you to test

Last edited by stumped; 07-30-2020 at 04:35 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote