Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-08-2017, 07:14 AM   #1
gilc333
gilc333 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to export chosen neat phrases from books?

Hey all,
One of my methods learning new language is collecting new neat phrases and writing them down in my notebook, then I tend to read them from time to time, this way I succeed in memorizing it
I find it quite useful

I own a Onyx Boox Max, with the latest firmware update.

how can I export those phrases from the books I have been reading to a sorted list arranged by book's name (filenames)??

I have stumble upon this useful tip
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=253955

but it's more than 2 years old,
and I prefer not to rely on third party packages (I would like to keep my e-book reader clean from apps). Is there any built-in feature in the software which comes with the device which does the job?

Any suggestion would greatly appreciated
gilc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:03 AM   #2
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilc333 View Post
I have stumble upon this useful tip
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=253955

but it's more than 2 years old,
Checked, not fully tried, but appears sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilc333 View Post
and I prefer not to rely on third party packages (I would like to keep my e-book reader clean from apps).

?! (Mah...)
Look, just in case your preference comes from bias out of experience from classic MS-Windows: Android is not supposed to wear out with use.
(The only important notification that occurs to me is: I found time ago a bug in the Onyx firmware, it does not delete the installer file from /data/local/tmp after installation. It must be manually cleaned up.)

Last edited by mdp; 09-08-2017 at 08:11 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert