Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 07:42 AM   #1
demha
demha began at the beginning.

Device: PC
[PC] Creating a dummy book that opens a specified folder

Hi guys,

I've searched about this topic a lot but I can't find a fast solution.

Currently there's a way to add a new empty book in Calibre, and I've figured that if I create a windows batch file that contains a folder path in my PC, I can double click a book in Calibre and it opens that folder. I first need to edit the book's metadata by deleting the book's format (pdf,epub etc), and then select the batch file in its place.

Basically I'm trying to use Calibre as a catalogue for my large amount of tutorials by having them displayed as book covers.

This process would take me a really long time since I have to create over a hundred batch files, so I was wondering if there's a quicker way?
demha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@demha - try creating a shortcut to the folder and add to calibre via Windows/File Explorer Send to - you'll need to put a shortcut to caiibre.exe into your Send To folder

Should be easier/faster than messing with bat files, especially if your tutorial folders are siblings, select them create shortcuts somewhere, select the shortcuts and Send To calibre en masse.

No need to keep the folder shortcut files once they're in a calibre library.

Added : actually you can just drag drop the shortcuts into the booklist

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-05-2017 at 08:20 AM. Reason: See Added
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
demha
demha began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Oh my goodness, I can't believe how simple it is, that is exactly what I've been trying to do.

BR mate, thank you so much.

Batch files...
demha is offline   Reply With Quote