Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
Anybody ordered an EZ Reader yet??

I looked at the site and it looks like you can order the EZ Reader. Has anybody ordered one yet??
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I don't think you can order an EZ Reader yet. The MobiEbook website seems to only have a pre-order form.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
I don't think you can order an EZ Reader yet. The MobiEbook website seems to only have a pre-order form.
Robert gave instructions on the other thread about how to order by emailing his assistant.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Per www.mobiebook.com, "WHY WAIT!! Click on the following link and you can purchase the EZ Reader NOW for $299...". Then if you follow the links to http://www.mobiebook.com/buyezreader.asp, there are active buttons to add the reader to your cart. Sure looks like they are for sale NOW...
Old 11-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
smithno
Groupie

I stand corrected! The Buy button does in fact go to a pre-order page and not to the cart. Sorry...
Advert
Old 11-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #6
themadthinker
themadthinker began at the beginning.

Device: Don't know yet...
I do believe that the store is open right now. Fingers crossed that they ship soon...
themadthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
smithno
Groupie

Question

I got an e-mail that the EZ Reader is available for sale. I don't really need another reader as I am still enamoured with my Sony 505 after several months of use. So, I have been on the fence. Both support epub and I have a bunch of epub books so feeding another reader is not an issue for the most part. I started down the order path on their site until I got to the payment screen. I backed out because payment is via 3rd party that I have never heard of, durango-direct.com. I'm pretty sure it's OK, but I am not comfortable giving my credit card info to someone I have never heard of that doesn't appear to be directly connected with the store I'm buying from. Paypal or directly handling the credit card would be better. So, I backed out of the transaction.

Has anybody heard of durango-direct.com? Has anybody else ordered an EZ Reader yet?
Old 11-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #8
themadthinker
themadthinker began at the beginning.

Device: Don't know yet...
I picked up one on the 23rd, and so far my bank account hasn't been drained, and according to FedEx, the reader is slowly working its way across the country. If they deliver on the estimated date, it will have taken 10 days for it to get from San Jose to Boston. Not exactly speedy, but I think Thanksgiving can be blamed for that.
themadthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
My EZReader was supposed to arrive today, but Astak does not allow the package to be left unless a person is actually at the door to take delivery. I have never seen this for "small" purchases from companies that routinely ship stuff. Amazon requires a signature above $400, but does not require someone to be home. My Iliad was more than twice the price of the EXReader, and eReader Outfitters shipped it without requiring a signature on delivery.

So my EZReader will probably go back as undeliverable. I tried calling Federal Express, (to have it delivered to my work address) but only the shipper can make changes. I was afraid of this when I saw that FedEx was the only shipping option - they are much less flexible than UPS.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
So my EZReader will probably go back as undeliverable. I tried calling Federal Express, (to have it delivered to my work address) but only the shipper can make changes. I was afraid of this when I saw that FedEx was the only shipping option - they are much less flexible than UPS.
No... they usually make three attempts to deliver before returning. So, they should try to deliver again on monday.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #11
smithno
Groupie

Well, I gave in and ordered one. It is supposed to be delivered Friday.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #12
hogleg
Enthusiast
hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3
I ordered one just because I had a Jinke V3 and SOMEONE cracked the screen...I was going to have it repaired, but all said and done, buying the EZ Reader would end up very close in price, and as a bonus, I now have 2 of almost everything. I'm now trying to decide which firmware is the most usable. I plan to use OI, but for now I'll have to play with releases to see which seems to work the best.
hogleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #13
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
After dropping my Cybook Gen3 and it didn't work, I paniced and ordered one. I would have gotten it on the 5th (last Friday but my wife drug me out shopping when they tried to deliver it. Hopefully tomorrow.

BTW after charging & resetting the Cybook it is working fine.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
After dropping my Cybook Gen3 and it didn't work, I panicked and ordered one. I would have gotten it on the 5th (last Friday but my wife drug me out shopping when they tried to deliver it. Hopefully tomorrow.

BTW after charging & resetting the Cybook it is working fine.
That's a good story. I'd stick with it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:41 PM   #15
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Got mine today, late. It's charging now. Has some very nice features but I don't like it's native font (ibookn). I tried to add a font as per their instructions (i.e. put them in a "font" folder at the root of the SD card). So far they are unrecognized. Sent an email to their tech support for clarification.

One thing I really like is that I can put each author in a folder or each genre in a folder with the author in sub-folders and view my books by folder and/or sub-folder.

It has a nice look and the "crush resistant" case seems stronger than the Sony PRS-500 and the Cybook Gen3 cases.

You can either charge it via the USB to computer or "connect" to computer for downloading but not both at the same time. It is a simple matter when the USB is plugged into the computer to choose one or the other. To switch, you unplug and replug and then choose the other one.

There are 22 different languages supported. From my memory, there is German, French, Italian, Spanish, English, Russian, Greek, Turkish, Korean, Japanese, and several others (two appear to be Chinese or something similar). I'll post a list when the unit is charged and I can "scan" an image of the screens.

Most of the "free" classics somehow showed up on the SD card without my putting them there. The card seemed to be a new out of srinkwrap SD card so I'm not sure how that happened. All of those were .txt files from Project Gutenburg. There were some others that showed up on the internal memory that, I think, were .prc files, probably also from Project Gutenburg but I'm not sure.

You get 8 books or folders per page and there are two ways to advance the pages (i.e. two sets of buttons - one set on the left side much like the buttons on the PRS-500, and another set on the 9 & 0 keys. Along the bottom there are two rows of buttons, 1 -5 & 6 - 0, plus a large "double button on the lower right for the menu (the "OK" button) and a back arrow button for going to the previous menu.

More later.

Last edited by slayda; 12-08-2008 at 11:45 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote