Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-01-2018, 07:41 AM   #1
slasor
slasor began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Book not appearing in library

I can connect to calibre using the cc via the content server. but when I select a book to download (i've used both the press and hold and select the format I want (AZW)) I am unable to get the book to appear in my Kindle Library.

if I go into CC I can select the book and the read option brings it up. But I am unable to find it when I go to the Kindle Library.

This has just started happening and I've not changed any settings and I have been able to get books to download recently

My CC is 5.4.2.2 (387)
Calibre is 3.26.1

any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated
slasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:25 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See this thread, and in particular the last two posts.

Summary: apparently Amazon changed the behavior of the "Books" folder in the latest Fire OS update. The "fix" is to tell CC to put the books in a different folder. "Experiment 3" in post #8 presents one option. The last post describes a way, using an SD card.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2018, 01:47 PM   #3
slasor
slasor began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
thank you for this
I've been able to resolve the issue (ended up wiping and relinking the path as suggested)
slasor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, not appearing