Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-02-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
Barry G
Barry G began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Calibre Deleted PC Restore Points

I installed Calibre64 today. I was dismayed to find that the Calibre64 restore point is the only one remaining. I usually keep 3 or 4. Now, if something goes wrong, I have NO restore points to fall back on. I'm hoping that Calibre made the restore point BEFORE doing the install. Must be, right?
Barry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
That's Windows, not Calibre.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
That's Windows, not Calibre.

@Barry G - You probably need to allocate more disk space to System Restore. Windows deletes old restore points to make room for new ones. See ==>> How to use System Restore on Windows 10

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:25 AM   #4
Barry G
Barry G began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Because of a power surge I had to do dozens of program reinstalls this week. Only Calibre deleted existing restore points.
Barry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:04 AM   #5
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
System restore points are handled by Microsoft Windows.
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
This may have changed, but my understanding is that restore points are automatically deleted 90 days after creation or if you run low on disk space.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote