Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 10:58 PM   #286
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
It is true that the auto adjustment for the lights on the Kindle Voyage and (I assume) Oasis 2 do adapt to your preferences. When I first turned on the auto adjustment feature on my Voyage it would either be way to dim or way to bright for my liking. I would adjust it to where the lighting was comfortable for me and after a few sessions I rarely have to manually adjust the light level.

I noticed also on automatic I can see my screen light level flux up and down back and forth. I had to shut the auto off for that drove me nuts
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:21 PM   #287
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I leave mine on automatic but I have trained it to what I want it to be at in different light levels. It did take time to do so but it is working good for me now.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #288
huwb
huwb began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
Automatic has never suited me. Maybe I have sensitive eyes but if it is too bright, it is almost as bad as a back-lit display - especially in a dim-lit room.
huwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #289
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by huwb View Post
Automatic has never suited me. Maybe I have sensitive eyes but if it is too bright, it is almost as bad as a back-lit display - especially in a dim-lit room.
If it’s too bright, turn it down. It learns your preferences and adjusts accordingly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #290
huwb
huwb began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
Ah I see. I was not aware of the learning aspect. Will give it another go.
huwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2018, 05:29 PM   #291
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Thing is, if you have enough external light, why waste the battery with the light on? I keep the light off unless I need more illumination. I don't use the light when I have enough external light.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #292
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thing is, if you have enough external light, why waste the battery with the light on? I keep the light off unless I need more illumination. I don't use the light when I have enough external light.
Reading comfort. While eink may technically be neutral grey, to me personally it appears brownish in low light. Turning the light on shifts the color balance closer to white.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #293
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
With the adaptive light setting on, the light on my Kindle Voyage will turn off in bright sunlight. I find the adaptive light on the Voyage to work extremely well after I had "trained" it for the first few weeks of using it. I now rarely have to adjust it.

I wish my Kobo Aura One's adaptive light setting worked like the Voyage. I ended up having to turn it off completely. I'll try it again sometime--to see if I can get it to work better. Might as well turn it back on today--to see how it works.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #294
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
I would find 22 to be way too bright. I've seen the front light of the PW3 and I would not read at 22.
22, 23 {sniff}, whatever it takes.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #295
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just picked up a white paperwhite for I want something I can stick in my pocket and I am tired of obsessing over the Oasis battery lol....I noticed the lighting is much better on the paperwhite than on my 7" oasis at the same settings! I am sure its do to screen size but I would not think that extra inch would matter this much since the oasis has more lights on it
Old 03-10-2018, 05:36 PM   #296
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I just picked up a white paperwhite for I want something I can stick in my pocket and I am tired of obsessing over the Oasis battery lol....I noticed the lighting is much better on the paperwhite than on my 7" oasis at the same settings! I am sure its do to screen size but I would not think that extra inch would matter this much since the oasis has more lights on it
Sweet! Did you get a case or sleeve with it?
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:10 PM   #297
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
Sweet! Did you get a case or sleeve with it?

No. I will get something on ebay. I will not spend $44 on a case where I can get one on ebay for $8 lol

The white color is sweet but when it loads the books from the cloud it is not showing the thumbnails. Its driving em crazy. I fixed this before but can not remember what i did to do it on my other devices. Its driving me mad. i reset/reregistered it like 10 times

I am thinking of starting from scratch with this one and just start a new account
Old 03-10-2018, 08:10 PM   #298
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
No. I will get something on ebay. I will not spend $44 on a case where I can get one on ebay for $8 lol

The white color is sweet but when it loads the books from the cloud it is not showing the thumbnails. Its driving em crazy. I fixed this before but can not remember what i did to do it on my other devices. Its driving me mad. i reset/reregistered it like 10 times

I am thinking of starting from scratch with this one and just start a new account
I would say that with downloading and indexing going on that the cover thumbnails will show up at some point. But since you had issue before that may not be the case.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:14 PM   #299
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
I would say that with downloading and indexing going on that the cover thumbnails will show up at some point. But since you had issue before that may not be the case.
I unregistered and reregistered for the tenth time and finally took
Old 03-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #300
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Reading comfort. While eink may technically be neutral grey, to me personally it appears brownish in low light. Turning the light on shifts the color balance closer to white.
That's low light. I am talking about bright enough light where you don't need the front light on at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery life, koa2