Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-01-2015, 04:16 AM   #1
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Use Vuescan on images

Vuescan is a scanning utility that among other things does OCR and other processing/conversion.

I would like to use it on some scan images I already have, but I can't see how to open images, the only input I can find is from the scanner.

Anyone know how to do this?
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:38 AM   #2
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
I would like to use it on some scan images I already have, but I can't see how to open images, the only input I can find is from the scanner.

Anyone know how to do this?
I haven't tried this, but I think you have to set Source to File on the Input tab.

There's a nice user guide at Hamricks site http://www.hamrick.com/ - see around page 26 in the PDF-edition (probably a better explanation than I can give you).

(You will probably not get as good OCR-results as you get with dedicated OCR-software - but feel free to share your findings )

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2015, 05:31 AM   #3
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
I haven't tried this, but I think you have to set Source to File on the Input tab.

Yes, thanks. I'd tried that before, but from the manual now I see it wants "scan files" by which it means tiff. So I needed to convert the images (using Irfanview) before it would recognise them.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote