Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-20-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Different results from Template column and edit template for saving books

Hi everyone.

Why does a template test-column and the template tester for Saving Books to Disk show me 2 different results? I have a template test-column in my library in which I have this and it shows me exactly an output exactly like I want:

1 Fandom = folder named after the fandom
2 Fandoms = folder named Crossovers
3 Fandoms or more = folder named Multiple Crossovers

Code:
program: 
tmp1 = template('{#fandoms:sublist(0,2,\,)}{#fandom_secondary:sublist(0,2,\,)}/{author}/{title} ({#story_id})');
tmp2 = template('Crossovers/{#fandoms:sublist(0,2,\,)}{#fandom_secondary:sublist(0,2,\,)}/{author}/{title} ({#story_id})');
tmp3 = template('Multiple Crossovers/{author}/{title} ({#story_id})');
check = count(field('#fandoms'), '&');
check=cmp(check,3,check,check,3);
## new version as "case of count =x"
switch(
		check,
				1, tmp1,
				2, tmp2,
				tmp3);
When I add this in the template editor for Saving to Disk it only creates the Multiple Crossovers folder.

I've tried removing all the spaces and everything else I could think of, but it still only shows the Multiple Crossovers folder, and when I save books none of the folders are created.

Here's the "compressed" version:

Code:
program:tmp1=template('{#fandoms:sublist(0,2,\,)}{#fandom_secondary:sublist(0,2,\,)}/{author}/{title} ({#story_id})');tmp2=template('Crossovers/{#fandoms:sublist(0,2,\,)}{#fandom_secondary:sublist(0,2,\,)}/{author}/{title} ({#story_id})');tmp3=template('Multiple Crossovers/{author}/{title} ({#story_id})');check=count(field('#fandoms'), '&');check=cmp(check,3,check,check,3);switch(check,1, tmp1,2, tmp2,tmp3);
Here's 3 versions of what it's supposed to do:

Harry Potter/Mireille/Tired (AO3-13781403)

Crossovers/Criminal Minds & Criminal Minds Beyond Borders/youvebeenwinchesterd/Cheer You Up (AO3-14946017)

Multiple Crossovers/Sevensmommy/Roots Before Branches (AO3-14882856)

I hope someone can help.

Tanjamuse

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 09-21-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:27 AM   #2
readx
Connoisseur
readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Check max_path and reserved characters (: (colon))
see https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/win.../naming-a-file
readx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Crossovers/Criminal Minds & Criminal Minds Beyond Borders/youvebeenwinchesterd/Cheer You Up (AO3-14946017)
I got other examples than this where it doesn't work, if that's what you meant.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:18 AM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Not really a programmer but just a quick thought, if you're counting the number of occurrences of "&" in #fandoms, wouldn't that return (n-1) fandoms?

e.g.
0: one fandom
1: two fandoms
2: three fandoms
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote