Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2018, 02:39 AM   #61
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Nightmode for Kobo Aura One

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
hate nightmode with a fiery passion, which probably doesn't help 😀 [My rationale being it only makes sense on OLED screens].
Mmm I'm beginning to not like it too. It's as if my eyes get even more tired even quicker when reading in night mode with light at 1%, compared to reading in regular mode with light at the same level. I'm still testing this (because one evening I can be more tired than the next and get tired eyes more quickly independent of reading mode), but I suppose it does make sense. There's just as much light for my eyes to process but likely with larger pupils due to all the black... so more light actually on the retinas. You're probably right about night mode only making sense on OLED screens. Though, I definitely do use (and much prefer!) night mode on my phone (LCD screen), as regular mode just scorches huge holes into the back of my eyes.

Quote:
If latency is favorable, I'd even go so far as dimming the front-light during flashing updates so as not to burn retinas off.
Oh that would help a lot! Except instead of dimming, just switch off. (I currently don't allow screen refreshes in night mode because of the burn.)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #62
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, the FL issue is potentially tricky, because it all depends on the initial FL level. You probably don't want it to "strobe" too much, but you do want to dim it properly nonetheless, and you also probably don't want to do a harsh on/off/on... (maybe in your 1% case that'd work, though).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote