Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-31-2018, 03:56 AM   #1
Atomised
Atomised began at the beginning.

Device: none
Apprentice Alf / Mac / Calibre

Hi, been trying to remove DRM for the last few days now and not getting there. Reading as much as I can about the subject but could anyone suggest the best approach given that:

I want to use Calibre as my main source for all ebooks.
I currently only use OSX and iOS devices as readers.
I have a large number of Kindle books purchased over many years.
I also have quite a few Apple iBooks which I would like to place in Calibre.

PS Does Calibre support notes and what happens to notes made on kindle/ibooks apps?
Atomised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:29 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved from the CC forum to the calibre forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:02 AM   #3
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
@Atomised. Ask on Apprentice Alf's blog. There are limits on the extent to which we can help you here.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:51 AM   #4
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
If you still need some help, private message me. I have a similar set up to what you want/have.

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, drm, ios, kindle, osx