Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2017, 01:01 AM   #1
t123yh
t123yh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Qt 5.9.3 for Kindle

The Qt Toolkit is Copyright (C) 2015 The Qt Company Ltd.

I built Qt 5.9.3 for Kindle using Amazon's toolchain.

I cannot upload it as an attachment as it's too big (49M), so I put it in Google drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BS2...QaTSdroVA/view

You should first set up a toolchain for Kindle. Then you untar the file above to /opt/kindle-qt5 (on your computer), and set the Build Kit in your Qt Creator to use your toolchain's ARM GCC, G++ and use qmake located in /opt/kindle-qt5/host/bin/qmake.

Then you should copy the contents of /opt/kindle-qt5/target to /mnt/us/qt on your Kindle. You can suppress the include directory to save some space. Note that the FAT32 filesystem doesn't support symlinks, so you may copy the symlinks as a regular file (which eats more disk space) or you can create a loop file in ext3 and mount it to /mnt/us/qt.

You should either create a symlink from /usr/java/lib/fonts to /mnt/us/qt/lib/fonts or directly copy the contents (the latter is the only option if you use /mnt/us directly rather than creating a loop device in ext 3 because FAT32 doesn't support symlinks) to make the text appear on your screen.

And you can run your Qt apps directly after compilation. Don't forget to set your window title as described here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Run...n_Kindle_Touch

As for the keyboard, I've written a QT IM module to support Kindle native keyboard: https://github.com/t123yh/kindleinput-qt . You can enable it using export QT_IM_MODULE=kindle . The module is included in the tar file above.

If there are any problems I hope you can reply below!

Last edited by t123yh; 11-26-2017 at 03:59 AM.
t123yh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:09 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
when, where and how are you going to comply with the qt license terms?

That is very important that you abide by the license terms if you are going to post this on Mobileread.
(You did read the "guidelines" when you registered here? Correct?)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:01 AM   #3
t123yh
t123yh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
when, where and how are you going to comply with the qt license terms?

That is very important that you abide by the license terms if you are going to post this on Mobileread.
(You did read the "guidelines" when you registered here? Correct?)

I've made no change to Qt source code. I just simply compiled it using Amazon's toolchain. Could you please be specific on when, where and how I am not complying with the Qt LGPL license? And what should I do to comply with it?

Last edited by t123yh; 11-26-2017 at 04:09 AM.
t123yh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by t123yh View Post
I've made no change to Qt source code. I just simply compiled it using Amazon's toolchain. Could you please be specific on when, where and how I am not complying with the Qt LGPL license? And what should I do to comply with it?
Read the license and qt's conditions statement, then look at what you posted.
There is no mystery involved in locating the parts you have not complied with.

Hint:
All of which is part of the reason you find gtk+ used more often in Open Source projects than qt.

Last edited by knc1; 11-26-2017 at 07:53 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
makue
Custom User Title
makue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Here is a list of the respective licenses.
makue is offline   Reply With Quote