Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: How long can Marc refrain from posting to 3001?
24 hours, the lightweight! 3 10.71%
30 hours, because he's in tomorrow, right now 0 0%
36 hours, becasue I believe in invisible minor apes, too 2 7.14%
48 hours, Marc's an iron man 0 0%
The Blue One, Next to the Fish 9 32.14%
He'll just post in the social groups until it's over with 1 3.57%
Marc who? 8 28.57%
His avatar is scary! 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #106
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Can I just point out that we are talking about whisky here, and not whiskey. They are not the same. Whisky is far superior

<runs away before the Celtic battles starts, and tries not to think about the Six Nations revenge that will be extracted for this statement on March 14th. >

Quite - far superior ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Whiskey is also the Irish spelling iirc.

The stuff from Scotland is spelled whisky (and I'm with lazyscot on this regarding quality )
Correct....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Might I just toss in: Tequila!

No you may NOT .....

Quote:
So, explain again, what is stopping you from telling.....
I second this request ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #107
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well, actually, a gentleman does not tell...
Quote:
So, explain again, what is stopping you from telling.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post

I second this request ....
Thirded. Motion carried.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #108
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
...Anyway, here's to uisge beatha, the water of life.
...and here's to Zany Carter, the liquor of death (hey, don't look at me like that - it's just one of them mettyfor things, alright).

Cheers,
Marc ("Thought I'd died and gone to heaven...")
PS. Eww, Brian Adams. I feel all sticky, and not in a good way.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #109
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
...and here's to Zany Carter, the liquor of death (hey, don't look at me like that - it's just one of them mettyfor things, alright).

Cheers,
Marc ("Thought I'd died and gone to heaven...")
PS. Eww, Brian Adams. I feel all sticky, and not in a good way.
Why do I have the image of Mort's dog giving someone a slobbering kiss?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #110
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Or Susan's rat.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 03:50 AM   #111
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Why do I have the image of Mort's dog giving someone a slobbering kiss?
Because you're weird.

Cheers,
Marc (I like to help)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:36 AM   #112
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
It seems that to test how long Marc can hold his breath, we need to hold his head under the water longer.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #113
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
It seems that to test how long Marc can hold his breath, we need to hold his head under the water longer.
I thought that this was why he was wandering round carrying a sealed clear plastic bag full of exhaled air.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #114
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
I thought that this was why he was wandering round carrying a sealed clear plastic bag full of exhaled air.
The bag is because his brath is about 150 proof. I've been using it to run a generator.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote