Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #61
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I definitely agree that a little romance can only help pretty much... anything.

I have a super small auto-buy list when it comes to AUTHORS. I have a longer list when it comes to SERIES. But anyway!
- Charlaine Harris ~ I've read bits of two of her series so far, and I just love her style.
- Kristan Higgins ~ Love love every book I've read by her.
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #62
malweth
malweth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.malweth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.malweth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.malweth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 1gen
Robert Jordan (deceased, but still publishing)
Kazuo Ishiguro

I don't have many I'd pay a premium for!
malweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #63
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Catherine Harris for the Southern Vampire/Sookie Stackhouse series

J. R. ward for the Black Dagger Brotherhood series

Julie Kenner for the Demon Hunting Soccer Mom series

Kim Harrison for the Hollows/Rachel Morgan series

David Weber for the Honor Harrington series
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:23 AM   #64
Rakgi
Suikoden Star of Destiny
Rakgi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rakgi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rakgi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rakgi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rakgi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rakgi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rakgi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rakgi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rakgi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rakgi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rakgi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, IPad1, IPad Mini, Kindle 4, Kindle PW1, Kobo Mini
Kylie Chan
Jennifer Fallon
Glenda Larke
Mercedes Lackey - Valdemar books only
Tamora Pierce
Rakgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #65
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
For me:

Carl Hiaasen
Christopher Brookmyre
Lee Child (Jack Reacher series)

I used to have George MacDonald Fraser on the list as well for the Flashman series until he passed away
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #66
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Not a bad thread to revive.
Regards
Caleb
I agree. Not so many contemporary auto-buys here, except for Larry Correia, Peter Hamilton, John Ringo, and Michael Z. Williamson. But back in "the day", whhooo-WEE! Heinlein, Asimov, Niven & Pournell, Zelazny, Herbert, Crichton, Clancy...
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #67
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You know - I don't think it will be long before I start adding independent authors to this list. I've ready some great books this year already.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #68
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I don't have any authors on my autobuy list. I have a huge pile of books to read already, and I'm picky about what I read. Even my favorite authors have written on topics I don't care to read about.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 AM   #69
Kiwiscott
eReader Noob
Kiwiscott is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Kiwiscott is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Kiwiscott is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Kiwiscott is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Kiwiscott is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Kiwiscott is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Kiwiscott is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Kiwiscott is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Kiwiscott is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Kiwiscott is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Kiwiscott is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Sony PRS 300, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Kobo Mini
It used to be that if I saw a new Terry Pratchett Hardcover I would buy it straight away, although for the last few years I think it was more habit than anything, as his latest books I havent enjoyed as much as his older ones, however, since I got my eReader I didnt buy his latest (I Shall Wear Midnight)....I put it back.
I will probably get it at some point, for completeness of the collection, but as an automatic purchase, the eReader has killed off my habit.
Kiwiscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:12 AM   #70
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
None, really. Even my most favourite trusted authors whose works I've almost all enjoyed have produced the occasional dud that killed a tree for no good reason.

So even they have to go through the "wait and see" process where I look at whether their new book is in a series I wanted to see continued, or if the setting/plot overall looks like something I'll like, or it has certain elements that I'm otherwise very likely to enjoy.

And if the answer to those is "answer hazy, ask again later", then I'll wait for the library to get it in, and buy my own copy afterwards if it's good, and sometimes wait for some sort of extra sale/discount coupon/remainder/used afterwards if it's not that great but I still want one anyway (especially if I'm being completionist about the duds).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #71
kurzon
Andrea K Höst
kurzon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Diana Wynne Jones
Robin McKinley
Lois McMaster Bujold
Laurie R King
Margaret Maron
Terry Pratchett
kurzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #72
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child
Stephen King
James Lee Burke
JoelArnold is offline   Reply With Quote