Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #31
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I can't think of one thing Sony did wrong with the 950.
Offer it in colors that are actually darker than the screen (as they did with the 900) and make accessories available for the entire life-cycle of the device (as they did with the 900 -- you can still buy the lighted case).

Also, allow 3G for all net-related activities, as Amazon does, not just for purchases from the Sony Store. Add a faster processor and, when the obsolescence cycle allows, a higher-resolution screen. I say that not because I'm used to looking at computer screens but because I appreciate fonts in a higher dpi on the printed page. They're more satisfying and seem easier to read.

Otherwise, I happen to agree with you. I love my 950 as well.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #32
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
Since we are wishing...

I would like to see smoothly variable font sizes instead the current stepped size. After all this is the whole point of outline fonts.

Colour eink would be nice (you will never get the brightness range that you get from backlit lcd. It can't be done. It's impossible. The best you will ever get is something that looks like colour printing on coated newsprint -- I'd love it!)

3G or any other cell phone connectivity is a negative feature for me.

Wifi is not something that I would regard as a feature and certainly would not pay extra for.

A six inch screen. The pocket edition is nice, it very pocketable and easy to read. It still prefer the 6" screen. a 7" screen (4:3) would be nice if the device was a small a possible -- like the 650 but just that much bigger to accommodate the larger screen.

And best of all, a Canadian price no more than 20% higher that the Kobo Touch (Future Shop is still selling the 350 for $200.)
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert