Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-10-2021, 06:41 PM   #16981
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I received the same VIP code and I'm in the US
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:22 PM   #16982
ExpatVietnam
Enthusiast
ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.

Location: Bangladesh. (I didn't think about the permanence of my username.) Sigh.
Device: Kobo Glo, Fire10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
In the 11+ years I have had an account with Kobo, never once have I received any email regarding the VIP program. Even stranger, nowhere on the (logged in) website can I find any link to related information or a mention of it. If not for Mobileread I would not even know it existed. Quite a contrast from Amazon's constant ads for KU or Prime.
Skydog,

Across the top of my page [International, US, or Canada] I see a list of pull-down menus: ebooks, Audiobooks, Kobo Plus, APPS & eReaders, Super Points.

Info on VIP is under the "Super Points" menu. It doesn't appear if I'm not logged in. I'm not currently a VIP, but have accumulated points from when I was so maybe it only appears in that context.

As for emails, I've checked the "yes please" box under "Account Settings" and am inundated with their emails, some of which are VIP related.

VIP isn't worth $10 unless you spend a ton every year. I come out ahead when it's only $5. The 'free book' you get with membership is from a woefully small list comprised mostly of romance novels.
ExpatVietnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2021, 10:18 PM   #16983
icenova96
icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
MYPERK30 just worked in for me again (Canada), so I have no idea what the limit is on this code. Last time was May 7th

Last edited by icenova96; 05-25-2021 at 10:25 PM. Reason: wrong code
icenova96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:33 PM   #16984
icenova96
icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icenova96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenova96 View Post
MYPERK30 just worked in for me again (Canada), so I have no idea what the limit is on this code. Last time was May 7th
I bought a 2nd book in a seperate transaction and was able to use the code again. idk what's happening but I like it
icenova96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 01:33 PM   #16985
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Get 20% off your next title, apply promo code TBXRQT at checkout
One time use I assume for my 'anniversary'.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #16986
julesy
hedgehogs love to read
julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Kobo H2O, Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
I have 50% off codes that expired but I've used expired codes in the past that worked so it's worth a shot.

HB6Z6F
ZM7GDJ

The normal disclaimers apply ... only on select titles, blah blah, yada yada.
julesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:02 PM   #16987
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesy View Post
I have 50% off codes that expired but I've used expired codes in the past that worked so it's worth a shot.

HB6Z6F
ZM7GDJ

The normal disclaimers apply ... only on select titles, blah blah, yada yada.
I got an expired notice when I tried.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 03:39 AM   #16988
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Another code which may or may not work to get 25% off select titles, eBook or audiobook, expiring 6-10-2021, which I assume is June 10.

DUGAD9
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:21 PM   #16989
julesy
hedgehogs love to read
julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
I got an expired notice when I tried.
Okay, sorry about that. Here is another 50% off code that I got for this week and I won't be buying any more books from Kobo this week. Expires June 10th.
LSFC53
Old 06-06-2021, 03:38 PM   #16990
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesy View Post
Okay, sorry about that. Here is another 50% off code that I got for this week and I won't be buying any more books from Kobo this week. Expires June 10th.
LSFC53
Thank you! Did it have a list? When I tried it on a book it said the book was not eligible for that promo.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:58 AM   #16991
julesy
hedgehogs love to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
Thank you! Did it have a list? When I tried it on a book it said the book was not eligible for that promo.
No, no list. This is the fine print: "Each registered user may use the promotional code for one eBook purchase, on select eBook titles only. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases."

However, I have found those codes work with self-published books and not with any of the big publisher books.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:30 PM   #16992
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
It's separate. I just bought myself a $50 card and got the 1000 points. The 5000 will hopefully show up in due course.

I'm wondering if Kobo's tightened up here: I decided to treat myself to another $50 card, and got exactly 0 points. Just by way of a heads up to others who might have been thinking of doing the same.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 01:56 PM   #16993
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Selective sale @40% off. For those still using such things...

Quote:
Take 40% off select eBooks in all genres

40% off. USE CODE JUNE40. Quick, fill your cart. There's lots on sale in every genre. Shop Now. Ends June 28th

Terms and conditions:
Spoiler:
40% off: Limited time offer available from June 22nd, 2021 12:00 AM EST to June 28th, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. Offer valid on select eBooks only. Discount applied at checkout. Offer has no cash value and cannot be transferred or exchanged for other eBooks. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust the amount paid on previous purchases. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or cancel this offer at any time without notice.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:44 PM   #16994
julesy
hedgehogs love to read

I have additional 50% codes on select titles for ebooks or audiobooks. No guarantees that they may work. The fine print:
Quote:
Each registered user may use the promotional code for one eBook purchase, on select eBook titles only. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Promotional code must be entered at time of purchase to qualify for this discount. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change the titles in this list at any time without notice. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
SNXSZN
SY9RNL
57JL3U
4RXVJE
XXVKUZ
69RPTM
Old 07-03-2021, 06:15 PM   #16995
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I was able to use a 50% off a select book coupon code to renew my VIP for half off a couple of weeks ago when I was emailed a code for a book and my VIP had expired. So, if the above codes don't work on a book, try them on a VIP membership.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals