Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-01-2021, 05:18 PM   #16951
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Using a vpn opens the kobo country that the vpn points to.

So if vpn country is say the UK, or France etc then that's where kobo.com opens.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:53 PM   #16952
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Me too - this is how I've always done it to buy. But if I'm just looking, I just change the little "us" in the URL to "gb" for the UK (presumably Great Britain?), to "ca" for Canada, etc. And keep the "en" for English, unless I'm looking for French, in which case I change that too. But when I try to buy, it kicks me back to the US unless I'm going through my VPN and the countries match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Using a vpn opens the kobo country that the vpn points to.

So if vpn country is say the UK, or France etc then that's where kobo.com opens.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2021, 01:41 AM   #16953
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Me too - this is how I've always done it to buy. But if I'm just looking, I just change the little "us" in the URL to "gb" for the UK (presumably Great Britain?), to "ca" for Canada, etc. And keep the "en" for English, unless I'm looking for French, in which case I change that too. But when I try to buy, it kicks me back to the US unless I'm going through my VPN and the countries match.
Browsing and searching works like that for me here in Australia. But, for buying, I thought you had to change you country in the account settings. And I always thought that was needed. I haven't tried that for a long time, so I don't know for sure.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:52 AM   #16954
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Browsing and searching works like that for me here in Australia. But, for buying, I thought you had to change you country in the account settings. And I always thought that was needed. I haven't tried that for a long time, so I don't know for sure.

No, whilst not signed in, one could just change countries (without using a vpn), until now.

That is choose the country settings option at the top of the kobo.com home page - and then one could search and log in and purchase desired ebook or audio. I have accounts specific to a number of countries, so I would sign in at that point, that is after I had already changed countries and was wanting to purchase.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:39 AM   #16955
Wolfe
Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Is anyone else having issues with the "Select your country or region" function? When I try to select a new country, it doesn't work / it comes back to the original country. I've tried in a couple of different browsers and trying clearing browsing data.
It seems to be working again - somewhat. It still comes back to the original country, but then if I search for a new book or author, or resort the page, it changes to the new country.
Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2021, 06:22 AM   #16956
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Yes, that worked for me too. So, (without signing in) I changed countries, on the home page it still showed aus, but when I searched for an author the result was the country I'd changed to. And I can tell readily becaise I chose a country with a different currency.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:52 PM   #16957
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Enjoy 60% off for a limited time!

Use promo code VIP60 at checkout.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:27 PM   #16958
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

40% off: save on select eBooks to read over the weekend
Old 04-12-2021, 04:34 PM   #16959
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
A big THANK YOU to Kobo! Since I'm very important (the email subject says) and a VIP they are offering me a 40% discount off a select list of books. The offer is available from April 8 12:00 am to April 12 at 11:59 pm NZST. The only slight problem is that the email arrived on April 13 at 05:01 am NZST. Anyway, if anyone wants to try it the code is APR40. The code APRFUL would have been just as useful. I haven't checked the list and don't have a usable pointer to it. VIP members only, apparently.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:18 AM   #16960
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by artig View Post
A big THANK YOU to Kobo! Since I'm very important (the email subject says) and a VIP they are offering me a 40% discount off a select list of books. The offer is available from April 8 12:00 am to April 12 at 11:59 pm NZST. The only slight problem is that the email arrived on April 13 at 05:01 am NZST. Anyway, if anyone wants to try it the code is APR40. The code APRFUL would have been just as useful. I haven't checked the list and don't have a usable pointer to it. VIP members only, apparently.
Isn't it lovely to be important? 😉
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:40 PM   #16961
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by artig View Post
The sale goes until April 16th.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:47 PM   #16962
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
The sale goes until April 16th.
An apology email arrived from Kobo this morning with a new expiry date for the sale. "We made a mistake, VIPs, but the sale is on until April 16th".
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:13 PM   #16963
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I bought 4 books on this VIP sale, taking me to 20 books bought for the year to date. The 40% made some just too good to pass up. On the upside, it's still not close to the 96 I've read so far this year, meaning my Reading Challenge goal of reading at least 20 more than I buy is still looking safe.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:06 AM   #16964
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
If you use Rakuten Cash Back with Kobo, the cash back percentage is back up to 5%, as it used to be when Rakuten first bought Kobo, rather than the 2.5% it has normally been for a long time. The percentage has bounced back up to 5% briefly from time to time in the past, but usually reverts back to 2.5% after a while. I don't think Rakuten varies the percentage by individual user, but not sure of this so YMMV...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #16965
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
If you use Rakuten Cash Back with Kobo, the cash back percentage is back up to 5%, as it used to be when Rakuten first bought Kobo, rather than the 2.5% it has normally been for a long time. The percentage has bounced back up to 5% briefly from time to time in the past, but usually reverts back to 2.5% after a while. I don't think Rakuten varies the percentage by individual user, but not sure of this so YMMV...
Mine currently shows 10%

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals