Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-13-2024, 03:25 PM   #1
conquerli
conquerli began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad Color PB742
Angry PocketBook Inkpad Color PB742 can not start up

Hi,
my PB742 can not start up now. The OS is Android 8.1.

It shows the PocketBook logo but without boot process bar.

I installed KoReader app which is latest version(2024.03.1) yesterday.

Does it have anything to do with it?

How can I wake up my ereader?

Tks.
conquerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 05:27 PM   #2
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast
dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3
PB742 doesn't use Android, it's Linux based: https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/catalog/...pad-color-2-ch

Try connecting your Pocketbook to the charger and leave for a while. Then try to turn on again; if it doesn't work, hold the power button for 10 seconds, it'll force restart it.
dmalinovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 01:20 AM   #3
conquerli

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalinovsky View Post
PB742 doesn't use Android, it's Linux based: https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/catalog/...pad-color-2-ch

Try connecting your Pocketbook to the charger and leave for a while. Then try to turn on again; if it doesn't work, hold the power button for 10 seconds, it'll force restart it.
Tks for Ur Reply.

Look this, it's Android based. https://pocketbook.cn/zh-cn/catalog/...lor-android-cn

I've tried your suggestion. It does'nt work.
Old 03-14-2024, 05:07 AM   #4
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
I have no experience with Android ereaders, but I imagine they must behave similarly to other Android devices in boot-failure/frozen scenarios.

Try a different USB cable and charger. Try holding the power button down for longer, perhaps 30 seconds.

Is there any documentation with the device as regards performing a reset? There's usually a button combination to hold down. For (I think) all my Android phones it's been either VOL+ or VOL- (both even?) held at the same time as PWR. Maybe worth a shot.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 03-14-2024 at 05:36 AM.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:33 AM   #5
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
When you hold down the "right + "left" keys, nothing happens?
If it is PB (Linux) and it works when connected via USB, you can force a factory reset.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 12:26 PM   #6
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast
dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerli View Post
Wow, so Pocketbook is selling different OS flavors for different markets! Interesting...
dmalinovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 08:58 PM   #7
conquerli

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
I have no experience with Android ereaders, but I imagine they must behave similarly to other Android devices in boot-failure/frozen scenarios.

Try a different USB cable and charger. Try holding the power button down for longer, perhaps 30 seconds.

Is there any documentation with the device as regards performing a reset? There's usually a button combination to hold down. For (I think) all my Android phones it's been either VOL+ or VOL- (both even?) held at the same time as PWR. Maybe worth a shot.
Tks a lot.

I've tried your guide. But it does'nt work. I've contacted with local customer services team. They suggested me send it back for repair.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:03 PM   #8
conquerli

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalinovsky View Post
Wow, so Pocketbook is selling different OS flavors for different markets! Interesting...
Yep!

This is another android based ereader: https://pocketbookstore.com/products...tylus-and-case

Last edited by conquerli; 03-19-2024 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:14 PM   #9
conquerli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
When you hold down the "right + "left" keys, nothing happens?
If it is PB (Linux) and it works when connected via USB, you can force a factory reset.
Tks.

I'll try it when I receive my ereader.
Old 03-29-2024, 01:17 AM   #10
conquerli

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post

Tks.

No document for me. There are no VOL button on the Ereader.

BTW, the customer services team have reseted my Ereader.