Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-14-2015, 02:27 AM   #16
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
What's wrong with posting an update to an old thread? If the situation has changed, why not comment on it? Personally, I find that kind of thing interesting.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:00 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
What's wrong with posting an update to an old thread? If the situation has changed, why not comment on it? Personally, I find that kind of thing interesting.
The reason we discourage posting to old threads such as this one is that it's extremely unlikely that someone asking for a book recommendation is going to be interested in an answer posted five years later, particularly when the recommendation is for a teenager who will, by now, be an adult who probably has completely different reading tastes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #18
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Yes, that's certainly true, but there have been over 11,000 page views to this thread, so more than just the OP is interested in the answer. Would it really be better to post updated info in a separate thread, losing the context of the old thread?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:43 PM   #19
giom
giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: cybook or sony 505
I actually came here today while searching on google so it was useful :-)
giom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #20
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You do understand that you're posting to a thread that is 5 1/2 years old?

You do understand this, don't you?

And that the 14 year-old referenced in post #1 is now 20 or 21 years old?

Don
(Moderator)
So, I'm going to commit the same sin...respond to a post that's over a year old, in a thread that is over six years old now. Why? Because in that six years (or one year) over 670 million eight-year-olds have grown up to be fourteen years old. And hopefully, Heinlein will never go out of style. The wisdom he packed into his entertainment is invaluable.

I followed several of the links, just out of curiosity, and discovered that indeed the Heinlein books were still available. It was mostly curiosity, though, because I already have nearly everything this great author has written safely tucked away on my tablet. I re-read most of the Heinlein titles about every fifteen years, and I'm not going to tell you which reading I'm on--but suffice to say that most of my original collection of paper books have spines so old and brittle that reading them can easily become an exercise in re-filing the pages back into the right order. This way, I can take my book on the bus or subway and not have to worry about the climax to the story blowing out the window.

I just hope The Heinlein Society keeps making his works available in today's format for today's reader.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #21
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Yah me too
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote