Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
Whipet
Enthusiast
Whipet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Bebook 1, Onyx Boox M90
XP 64 bit and software

The install just tells me it requires Windows XP and stops! (the latest Vista 1.1 version).
Is there a workaround as my other XP box cannot be connected to the internet?

Also when I use Word 2003 to save a doc the transfer to the reader (with a 2GB SD card) always crashes at the end with a crt=-1 error (am doing this because the 20 pdf files I bought it to read are microscopic so I converted them). It doesn't seem to be able to read rtf just saved to the SD card.

Cheers
Whipet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm not sure from what you've said, but if you're trying to install from the CD that came with the Reader, it likely has the original (XP only) ConnSoft on it. You can find the upgraded version of ConnSoft from the link here
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
Whipet
Enthusiast

Thanks for the link but that is the software that will not install on Windows XP 64 bit.
I am a programmer so will try and pull the msi file from the wrapper.
Cheers
Old 02-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
You could try the admin install trick:
"CONNECT Reader Installer.exe" /a
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Whipet
Enthusiast

Windows XP 64 bit has a compatability setting if you right click the executable (which I notice has the ownership 'Macrovision Inc').
Yet even with that set to XP the program still fails so it looks like the check on the install program is too draconian.
Advert