Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #1
MynahByrd
MynahByrd began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 7
Angry Calibre Companion App Subscription - Problem after update to Version 2.0.11

I have an annual subscription for the iOS App Calibre Companion from the German App-Store (iPhone 7, iOS 13.5.1).

Immediately after the update to Calibre Companion Version 2.0.11 (2), my Apple-ID password has been requested. Then comes the message that I have already subscribed to the App and then the message "Restore Sucess". Only a few seconds later, my Apple-ID password is requested again. And so on, no way out.
I have deleted the App and made a new installation, but the Problem appears again.

The app is not usable for me after the update. Anybody with the same Problem ? Maybe a bug in the new version ?
MynahByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:23 PM   #2
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynahByrd View Post
I have an annual subscription for the iOS App Calibre Companion from the German App-Store (iPhone 7, iOS 13.5.1).

Immediately after the update to Calibre Companion Version 2.0.11 (2), my Apple-ID password has been requested. Then comes the message that I have already subscribed to the App and then the message "Restore Sucess". Only a few seconds later, my Apple-ID password is requested again. And so on, no way out.
I have deleted the App and made a new installation, but the Problem appears again.

The app is not usable for me after the update. Anybody with the same Problem ? Maybe a bug in the new version ?
Hey,

Can you please send an email to ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com.

We have been getting some reports of this issue but have failed to reproduce it. We currently have a new version in testing to fix this bug but I would like to know your step by step exactly.

Primary question is, you provide you apple credentials multiple times but it just keeps requesting it? It never ends? What screen does this happen on?

Thanks,
Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2020, 12:44 AM   #3
Pixiestyxs
Pixiestyxs began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I’m also now experiencing this issue and I’m not a subscriber. After a while of me being out of the app if I open it, it will force me to re-enter my apple credentials before I can get in. I shouldn’t be having to reauthenticate my Apple ID everyday.

For example, I updated last night and it would not let me into the app until I provided my apple credentials. I didn’t open it all day and just now when I opened it it forced me to provide my apple credentials to get in.
Pixiestyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 03:59 AM   #4
RenevdK
RenevdK began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad
I also have this problem, my subscription is on the Dutch Apple Store. I also have another problem. My sister give the Apple ID for het subscription, after the Restore it says: Cannot be restored and than the app hangs. There is no way to stop the app. We had to restart the iPad and after that removing the app and then start again. Immediatly comes the message Cannot be restored.
I hope they solve this problem very soon, my subscription is until April 2021.
RenevdK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:44 PM   #5
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Hello CC Users,

Recently we pushed 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 which had issues with checking subscription licenses.

2.0.8 is now available and should now correct the issues that were coming up.

1. Ads showing for subscribed users
2. Re-prompting login every time opening the app
3. Error messages related to in app purchases

We are sorry for the inconvenience and are working on a set of release protocols moving forward, definitely something for our team to learn from this latest release.

Thank you,
Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #6
MynahByrd
MynahByrd began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 7
Problem is solved. Thank You !
MynahByrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple-id, calibre companion, ios, subscription