Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-30-2020, 09:28 PM   #1
Jayne100
Jayne100 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Transfer books FROM Apple Books TO calibre

Hi,

I downloaded some books from the Apple Books store to the books app on my computer. I want to move them over to calibre so I can put them on my kindle, but I can't figure out how to do that. I tried dragging all the books I have into a folder in my finder, but only a couple books transferred and none of them are the ones I want to move. I also tried moving them individually and that didn't work. Is there a folder in my finder with the book files? Or do I have to do something else?
Jayne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:32 PM   #2
moh3en
moh3en began at the beginning.

Device: Kindel
Hi, Can send one of book here for test
moh3en is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2020, 12:58 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC Apple books does not store its downloaded books as EPUB files. Instead they are stored in folders whose names end with .epub. There are some scripts floating around to convert these back into EPUB files, which you can then import into calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple books, file transfer, kindle