Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Question Commas Following List Items

Hello:

I was wondering if there was an edit or item selection (or some other way) to prevent the automatic comma and space which is inserted following the last item, for example in tag and genre lists? I know it's there to make it easier when entering additional items but it drives me batty (OCD??)!!

Thanks in advance.

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger View Post
Hello:

I was wondering if there was an edit or item selection (or some other way) to prevent the automatic comma and space which is inserted following the last item, for example in tag and genre lists? I know it's there to make it easier when entering additional items but it drives me batty (OCD??)!!

Thanks in advance.

Sparky
It is a fake, as it is not saved. Apply white out to your screen
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
If Only I'd Known...

Hello, Ducks:

If Only I'd Known! I'd be a much younger man! I bet I've spent days over the years deleting those things! They ought to come with a warning!! :>))

Thanks for the info!!

Sparky

Last edited by TheArtfulDodger; 07-15-2018 at 05:29 PM.
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger View Post
Hello, Ducks:

If Only I'd Known! I'd be a much younger man! I bet I've spent days over the years deleting those things! They ought to come with a warning!! :>))

Thanks for the info!!

Sparky
The list is actually parsed , and each tag (index number ) is stored. This is a Relational DB. Tags are 1 to many, with the book being the 1 in this instance
Calibre has MANY internal tables. The first use within a Library creates the defined tag (what you see in the Tag Browser), additional books, just use the reference(index) assigned ( the same theory for all things in the Tag browser)
Relational DB's are fun
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spaces, tags