Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-16-2017, 12:05 AM   #1
jojovee
Enthusiast
jojovee began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Calibre Web App

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus device. When I browse my library using the content server in Safari everything is fine and I can download my books to my phone. However, as soon as I add the webpage to my homescreen I can't download my books anymore.

I think it has something to do with the fact that it's now a web app and it hasn't been configured to allow downloads to open an instance of full blown safari so the download is trying to occur in the web app which is why it's failing?

Does anybody have any ideas?
jojovee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I tried it on my friends ipad (dont have one of my own) and it works when launched from the homescreen. Clicking the download link opens a new safari window with the filename and an "Open in iBooks" link. Clicking the link opens it in ibooks.

The only thing I can think of is if you have authentication turned on. That might make a difference, because safari wont know the username/passwor, although it should still just prompt for them.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:48 AM   #3
jojovee
Enthusiast
jojovee began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Ah, I see. The error occurs when I click on either the epub or mobi link in the Formats section. When I click on download it works fine.

The reason I download from the Formats section is because I have multiple file formats and need to choose mobi so I can email it to my kindle.

Thanks!
jojovee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:26 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's odd, it is probably because in one case the link is an actual link, whereas in the other case it is initiated via javascript. Probably iOS cannot handle that. I'll look into it then enxt time I have access to an iPad.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Assuming it is indeed caused by javascript vs link, this should fix it https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...9df52f3b646254

Tags
download fails, homescreen, ios, web app