Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Deejub44
Deejub44 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
SD card not detected on re-plug of reader

PRS700 with 4GB SDHD card, PC with XP. Run Calibre, no problems. Remove reader (to take with me and read books). Click X on Calibre (leaving program running in system tray). Get home, plug reader in. Reader is detected, but the SD card is not (no matter how long one waits, and even though it is fully accessible as a letter drive in Windows). Totally closing Calibre and then restarting it does result in the SD card being detected in Calibre, but that's not the way I think it's supposed to work... or is it?
Deejub44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No it should detect your card every time you reconnect.

Run calibre from a terminal as

Code:
calibre-debug -g
and post any output you see when the SD card is not detected.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
Deejub44

I started calibre with that command with the reader disconnected. It gave me the lines
Code:
link  hasn't been detected
link  hasn't been detected
(appearing twice). Upon connecting the reader, calibre saw the reader's main memory, but not the SD card. There was no additional output whatsoever in the command prompt box.

I then closed calibre and restarted it, again using the same command, without disconnecting the Reader. I got the same two lines in the Command Prompt box, but then calibre detected the Reader and the SD card (without any further messages in the Command Prompt box).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No it should detect your card every time you reconnect.

Run calibre from a terminal as

Code:
calibre-debug -g
and post any output you see when the SD card is not detected.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK shutdown the GUI and post the output of

Code:
prs500 df
try disconnecting and re-connecting and rerunning the command as well.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
Deejub44

Okay...

1) Closed calibre, ran as below, result was
Code:
Filesystem     Size     Used    Avail    Use%
Memory         419M    27M    392M   6%
Stick             0          0        0       0%
Card             3830G    7M    3822G  0%
(There is no Memory Stick in the machine.)

2) Disconnected Reader, ran prs500df, message "Unable to find a connected ebook reader."

3) Reconnected Reader, ran prs500df, got exactly the same result as in (1) above, recognizing the SD card.
Advert
Old 01-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

OK this is going to require in depth debugging, open a ticket and I'll look into it the next time I have a block of time.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
Deejub44

Will do, and thank you.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I had the same problem tonight and Calibre finally recognized the SD Card by doing the following steps with Calibre open the entire time:

1. Open cmd window
2. Disconnect Reader
3. Reconnect Reader
4. Run prs500 df

The card showed up at that point. For what it is worth (I have a 700 too and was having problems getting the SD card recognized).
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:41 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm I just tried it with my 700 and it works fine for me. Does it always happen or only sometimes?