Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #1
fozzedout
Guru
fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M96, Kindle Basic 2014, Onyx T68 Lynx, Icarus Illumina E653
M96 New "Fat" Stylus

The new "fat" stylus has the eraser option which at the moment isn't active with the firmware, so instead it acts as a pen.

However, I have noticed that the field of effect around the "eraser" end is actually quite large, so much so that I have to be very careful not to let the eraser end go near the device.

Is this happening for other people as well?
fozzedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:46 AM   #2
Ivan Grozny
Enthusiast
Ivan Grozny began at the beginning.

Device: M96 Boox
I noticed that my new fat stylus is active also few mm above the screen.

Is anybody else having the same problem ? This is especially a problem when writting something, as there is no empty space between the letters.

Also, it is as though the stylus writes a few mm right of the place where I'm pressing.

I've tried the old stylus (as I had an Artatech version of M96 for a week) and it didn't had these problems, it only wrote when pressed against the screen.

Last edited by Ivan Grozny; 12-01-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Ivan Grozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
fozzedout
Guru
fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can pull out the nib - that improved my accuracy massively.

If the nib is in, then writing/drawing becomes near impossible to do accurately.

The downside to this, is that the touch field is then lowered, so you have to lift up the pen higher than you would a normal pen, otherwise it registers as you "writing" when you are not.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #4
Ivan Grozny
Enthusiast

Do these buttons on the pen (top one and side one) do anything ?

How do you pull out the nib ? I am a bit scared to open the pen, I could damage something.

So you also have (or had) the problem with the pen writting whilst above the screen ?

P.S I've found out that my other problem, of pen writting a few mm to the right is only present when I rotate the screen (when the file is in 'landscape' mode).

Where to report these bugs ?

Last edited by Ivan Grozny; 12-01-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #5
fozzedout
Guru

To pull out the nib:

Use your fingernails (or some tweezers) to grasp the base of the nib - and pull

The accuracy problem I find is more pronounced if you are left handed (like myself).

And no, currently, the button doesn't appear to do anything.
Advert
Old 12-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #6
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
thanks for the Trick to pull out the nib a little bit, it works nicely with my M92 too.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
Ivan Grozny
Enthusiast

Here are a few videos I made.

The first video with the glitch is not problematic for now, the problem dissapeared by itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imNh...ature=youtu.be

The second video which shows the scribbling while the screen is rotated is unfortunately still problematic, as the precision of scribbling when I'm in Landscape mode is significantly less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeuV...ature=youtu.be

It always goes a few mm the left, as it can be seen on the video.

What to do, how to report the bug ?

P.S Sorry for low quality, I used my mobile phone.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:50 AM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Grozny View Post
Here are a few videos I made.

The first video with the glitch is not problematic for now, the problem dissapeared by itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imNh...ature=youtu.be

The second video which shows the scribbling while the screen is rotated is unfortunately still problematic, as the precision of scribbling when I'm in Landscape mode is significantly less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeuV...ature=youtu.be

It always goes a few mm the left, as it can be seen on the video.

What to do, how to report the bug ?

P.S Sorry for low quality, I used my mobile phone.
Hi,

Try to recalibrate the touch screen using your preferred screen mode (landscape or portrait) and your usual angle of the pen to the screen surface. The problem is that the nib is just connected to the switcher and the receiver is a little bit higher.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
Ivan Grozny
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

Try to recalibrate the touch screen using your preferred screen mode (landscape or portrait) and your usual angle of the pen to the screen surface. The problem is that the nib is just connected to the switcher and the receiver is a little bit higher.
Hi, I did that and it helped, it doesn't writte a few mm to the right now.

But, the pen is still writting even when I'm not pressing on the surface, so all my letters are connected and look ''dirty''. It writtes even when I'm a few mm above the screen.

I hope you can understand what my problem is, or I need to film it ?

Last edited by Ivan Grozny; 12-08-2014 at 10:00 AM.