Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
MikeMJ
Constant Reader
MikeMJ began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Sensation 4G (Kindle software)
Question Pagination in a Flowing Document

I'm editing a document (Song of Roland that is a long poem. In other words, it's made up of verses, each of which is anywhere from six to thirty lines long. Each verse is preceded by a separate paragraph containing the "verse number."

I want the reader (for example, the Calibre reader) to display the verses on a single "page" (screen) if possible; in particular, I want the verse number to be on the same "page" as the verse.

I've set page-break-after: avoid on the verse numbers, and I've set page-break-inside: avoid, orphans: 3, and widows: 3 on the verses. However, I'm not seeing any effect on the screen divisions in the Calibre reader.

So, here are my questions:
  • Which of these attributes does the reader honor?
  • Is there any other way to achieve the desired effect?
MikeMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@MikeMJ - Try hitting the scroll/lectern looking thing at the extreme right hand end of the search bar

FYI There seems to be widespread agreement that the best reference reader for EPUBs on desktops is Adobe Digital Digital Editions (ADE) apparently that's the 'engine' that many (most) ereaders use.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
html attributes, pagination, reader