Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #31
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm still saying: try "killall pillow". You'd have to find out how to return that bar back in this case, though...
Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #32
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
This could be an idea...I'm not so prone to try it as I don't think killing the pillow is a good way of acting.
Best thing is to hide the statusbar under the blankbackground as the original MOBI reader does.
I still need to find out how it is done.
Logging may be useful....
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #33
alaiksander
Enthusiast
alaiksander began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.0
image size

Hi, I have a question on the image size. I have images (manga) printed in 2 pages potrait (it's like right and left page as one). Is there any file in the extension I can edit to disable image resizing in KT? cause it's difficult to read when the images are squeezed. Will it make all auto resizing disabled? so I have to drag images higher than 600x800?

Old 03-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #34
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
As far as I can tell, this is the title bar, not the status bar. I don't think there is a way to remove this for a WAF application
Old 03-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #35
fe26aes
fe26aes began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
screen rotation image viewer

Hi,
It is Based on the work of silver18, I edited the index.html

yifanlu's launcher use screen rotation

-tap on the top ==> page down
-tap on the left side ==> previous page
-tap on the rest of the screen ==> next page

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	page1-1.gif
Views:	261
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	83378   Click image for larger version

Name:	page1-2.gif
Views:	261
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	83379  
Attached Files
File Type: zip gallery_rotate.zip (3.9 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by fe26aes; 03-03-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #36
alaiksander
Enthusiast
alaiksander began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.0
as I recall, KT support png files out of the box. But why I cannot view most of them in my KT? I did several things though, like resize and convert into jpeg with irfanview but to no avail. Anyone?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #37
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's time to release this WAF.

************BIG DISCLAIMER************
The waf is made to be integrated with Yifan Lu Launcher.
You need to jailbreak your Kindle and to install the launcher.
It's as ugly as it could be: I'm not good at using HTML (I never used it before this attempt ). So sorry for the awful interface.
If anyone wants to work on it and make it better, just post the results here for everyone.

I added:
- sort of self installing procedure
- better welcome image
- available folder list
- dropdown folder choose menu (based on the folders you have in your /documents/Gallery folder)
- manage bookmark page (with availables bookmarks, clear all, remove bookmark)
- kindle-like touch mode (left column=previous, upper strip=menu, rest of page=next)
- while-reading menu (add bookmark, remove bookmark, jump to page with current page number, return home)
- control on non-existing folder, non-existing image, negative page number
- pinch to zoom
- few code improvement

************HOW TO INSTALL************
This WAF is completely different from the previous one. It has different ID, so you need to install it even if you already have the previous version.

Just unzip the imagegallery folder to the extensions folder and restart your Kindle.
You'll find "Install Image Gallery" in launcher menu.
The first run adds all the necessary to the appreg.db.
After doing it, it returns to the kindle home.
Replace /imagegallery/menu.json with /imagegallery/bin/menu.json
Create a folder called "Gallery" in documents ==> /documents/Gallery
You can now see "Image Gallery" in the launcher menu: this runs the WAF.

************HOW TO USE**************
Just add your images in /documents/Gallery/ organized in folders.
Images MUST be named from 0.jpg

************STILL TO DO************
- remove the titlebar
- catch the RETURN key in text inputs
- make the "remove this bookmark" text input NOT case sensitive
- improve the interface

You can view also the results of
PHP Code:
free -
to check the memory usage and a screenshot of how you must organize the Gallery folder (images need to be in subdirectories!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	memory usage.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	83426   Click image for larger version

Name:	folder.JPG
Views:	348
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	83478  
Attached Files
File Type: zip imagegallery.zip (76.4 KB, 326 views)

Last edited by silver18; 03-05-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #38
UltimateO
UltimateO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.0.4
This application sounds awesome! Thanks for your hard work.

Before installing I'd like to know if it is possible to completely uninstall this extension just by removing the 'imagegallery' folder that I place into the 'extensions' folder? I've only installed hacks with install.bin and uninstall.bin files because I want to have an easy way to uninstall any hack I've installed. If I understood correctly this hack doesn't modify any important files so I don't need to backup anything, right?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #39
Tomis
Tomis began at the beginning.

The "Install Image Gallery" in launcher menu appeared but after start it nothing happens, it stay in launcher but didn't chnge into "Image Gallery", also Gallery folder wasn't created
Old 03-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #40
silver18
THE NOOB

Yes, you can just delete the "imagegallery" folder and the "Gallery" folder in documents.

The only other things that it does, is to add some entries in the appreg.db database.
It is necessary to run any waf.
Once you uninstall the image gallery, you can leave these entries in the database.
Otherwise, you can manually remove them by opening the appreg.db file in any database manager.

Anyway, I bet there are also some shell command to do so (as there is the INSERT command)
If so, please let me know!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #41
UltimateO
UltimateO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.0.4
Okay I tried to install this application but ran into a problem: Pressing 'Install Image Gallery' only takes me back to home screen but won't do anything. There isn't 'Gallery' folder inside 'Documents' and there still reads 'Install Image Gallery' in the launcher (even after restarting the kindle).

I'm using KT 5.0.4 (with jailbreak, yifanlu's launcher, custom screensaver, ktrotate_0.2 and ssmodeswitcher)

Any clue what could be wrong?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #42
canopus
canopus began at the beginning.

Excellent and awesome work, silver... Thanks a lot...
I'll try the app today...
Old 03-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #43
Tomis
Tomis began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateO View Post
Okay I tried to install this application but ran into a problem: Pressing 'Install Image Gallery' only takes me back to home screen but won't do anything. There isn't 'Gallery' folder inside 'Documents' and there still reads 'Install Image Gallery' in the launcher (even after restarting the kindle).

I'm using KT 5.0.4 (with jailbreak, yifanlu's launcher, custom screensaver, ktrotate_0.2 and ssmodeswitcher)

Any clue what could be wrong?
Same thing
Old 03-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #44
silver18
THE NOOB

Thanks! Let me know something!

As regards the installation problem, I've just tried by myself on my 5.0.3 Kindle Touch and it works.
I really don't know where is the problem.
I sent to UltimateO a PM.
Anyway, it could be helpful if you manage to use ssh to test every single command (so that we can find the problem!)

To anyone having this problem:

download this zip file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dm6llb104e3wv4u

place the start.sh file in /imagegallery/bin
and the menu.json in /imagegallery
create the /documents/Gallery folder
restart the kindle

you should now see "image gallery" in the launcher. tap it and it should run the waf.
anyway, it doesn't create the dropdown menu. It's meant to be only to test the "insert into database" function.

Last edited by silver18; 03-05-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #45
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
same problem for me too.
Just a guess: you used mnt/base-us instead of mnt/us . Problem may be related with this?
Closed Thread