Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Ampersand missing from cover flow window

I have a few titles with ampersands in them. I notice that the ampersand does not show up in the cover flow window. But it shows up in the title everywhere else in Calibre. Is there something wrong with my particular installation? Or is that a limitation in Calibre?

I have Calibre 0.8.29 installed.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
I have a few titles with ampersands in them. I notice that the ampersand does not show up in the cover flow window. But it shows up in the title everywhere else in Calibre. Is there something wrong with my particular installation? Or is that a limitation in Calibre?
I use 0.8.29 and my OS is Windows XP sp3 and see the same thing you report.

I never noticed this before nor have I ever heard it reported by anyone, but it is not your installation. Currently this seems to be a limitation of calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I use 0.8.29 and my OS is Windows XP sp3 and see the same thing you report.

I never noticed this before nor have I ever heard it reported by anyone, but it is not your installation. Currently this seems to be a limitation of calibre.
Certain characters probably need to be escaped or replaced with entities
Code:
&
I just stumbled on a with hierarchical series.
"Lt. Leary" gets undesired results Maybe the series parser can be tweaked to ignore: period space
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ampersands in the cover browser will be fixed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I just stumbled on a with hierarchical series.
"Lt. Leary" gets undesired results Maybe the series parser can be tweaked to ignore: period space
What undesired results? Where?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I think theducks means that Lt and Leary become two separate series instead of one series "Lt. Leary"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I think theducks means that Lt and Leary become two separate series instead of one series "Lt. Leary"
Leary is becomes a sub series of Lt

I replaced the period with a underscore and all is well.
but if you could trap for period space and ignore making that a sub series that might keep others from
Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't see a problem. I enter a series "Lt. Leary" and I see exactly one non-hierarchical series. It I enter "Lt.Leary" I see a hierarchical series. You can see that hierarchy is enabled by looking at the "The" near the bottom of the screen.

What are you seeing that is different?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	79712  
Old 12-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #9
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Kovid for fixing this!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I don't see a problem. I enter a series "Lt. Leary" and I see exactly one non-hierarchical series. It I enter "Lt.Leary" I see a hierarchical series. You can see that hierarchy is enabled by looking at the "The" near the bottom of the screen.

What are you seeing that is different?

My bad.
The problem only happens with the save template (sub items):
Code:
program:test(field('series'),strcat(
substr(field('series'), 0, 1),template("-series/{series:subitems(0,1)||/}{series:subitems(1,2)||/}{series_index:0>2s}-{title}_{authors}_{id}")
),template("00noseries/{author_sort[0]}_authors/{authors}/{title}-{authors}_{id}")
)
Old 12-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Fix for subitems submitted. It will split only when the period is surrounded by non-white space and not another period.

Apologies to PatNY for hijacking your thread.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #12
PatNY
Zennist

chaley, no apologies needed. You are always so helpful and I think the issue duck brought up is tangentially related to mine anyway!