Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
vinsect
vinsect began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Pandigital Novel Sub-Forum

I have a Pandigital novel. Is there enough interest in this model to create a Sub-Forum for this unit?
vinsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
mikegetz
Professional Nerd
mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook WiFI, KOBO, Pandigital Novel Personal
Probably not ... i have the 6" Sipix screened Pandigital, and i have only seen 1 thread recently on it (and its various alter-egos) ... and only a few threads on the 7" and 9" color models.

even with the QVC and BB&B market saturation these things have, most of the people that would buy from the before-mentioned retailers most likely would not search out answers on a forum like this.
mikegetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
klu529
klu529 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati
There is also a large community for it over at SlateDroid.com.
klu529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
carlb
carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carlb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BPDN, Kobo wifi
The 7" black pandigital novel is an Android 1.5 device, and I'd suspect others in the line are also Android-based. That does leave some overlap between forums?
carlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
naguz
naguz began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegetz View Post
Probably not ... i have the 6" Sipix screened Pandigital, and i have only seen 1 thread recently on it (and its various alter-egos) ... and only a few threads on the 7" and 9" color models.
How is the screen?
I am currently considering it because of the features and nice price, but I am a bit unsure about the screen. Is the Sipix screen decent even though it is not as good as the E-Ink Pearl, or do yu find yourself wishing it was better?

Also, do you know of any info about hacks, Android Market etc. on this device? I only seem to find info about the other noen e-ink models of pandiital when search.
naguz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
klu529

I've only seen the 6" e-ink version once for a few minutes. The screen looked decent. The text wasn't as clear as on a kindle, but that could be the font used. I'm not sure if there is a way to change the fonts, which may help. The device runs a version of linux so there is no way to get android on it. There is very little information on this device and I have not heard of any hacks/mods. If that is your criteria, this probably isn't the device you want.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Not sure if there's enough interest in the PDN to warrant it's own forum. Although I am tired of sifting through all the other android posts to find any info about it. BTW, Slatedroid was my go-to site when I updated the PDN firmware

Last edited by wandalynn; 05-02-2011 at 03:47 PM.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:33 AM   #8
naguz
naguz began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by klu529 View Post
I've only seen the 6" e-ink version once for a few minutes. The screen looked decent. The text wasn't as clear as on a kindle, but that could be the font used. I'm not sure if there is a way to change the fonts, which may help. The device runs a version of linux so there is no way to get android on it. There is very little information on this device and I have not heard of any hacks/mods. If that is your criteria, this probably isn't the device you want.
Well, I actually did find some info about mods. :P (That is supposedly the exact same model.

I was duped by an ebay auction that said this device run Android, sadly that appears not to be the case.

Actually I'm not that dependant on MODs, I just want to be able to get a *good* music player.

An eredear with decent sound quality and decent msic player software is my primary concern. I Don't want to have to drag along a mp3 player.
naguz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #9
klu529

The device can play music (mp3 only) out of the box so there is no need for a mod. I didn't get a chance to try out that feature so I can't comment on the software or the quality of the sound. There is also a headphone jack if the speakers don't cut it.

Here is a link to the manufacturer's website with the specs.

http://www.pandigital.net/search.asp...&ProductID=396
Old 05-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #10
mikegetz
Professional Nerd
mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naguz View Post
How is the screen?
I am currently considering it because of the features and nice price, but I am a bit unsure about the screen. Is the Sipix screen decent even though it is not as good as the E-Ink Pearl, or do yu find yourself wishing it was better?

Also, do you know of any info about hacks, Android Market etc. on this device? I only seem to find info about the other noen e-ink models of pandiital when search.
actually, the screen looks pretty good. however, it is slow, and does not have the contrast that makes the kindle or kobo wifi (only other eink screens i have experience with) really pop.

currently, i am in the market for a used nook ... looking for a trade is taking some time, but i really don't want to spend any more $$ on it after buying the wife a kobo.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #11
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pandigital Novel
Amazon will have the white 7 inch with Android for a little over $100.00.
I just updated my year old machine to it and am pleased with the changes. Almost every thing is faster
MikeFromHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
Morrie
Morrie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I have the 9" model. It is not bad as a e-reader. Once it is set up properly it works ok. As long as you are not expecting iPad performance you will be happy.
Morrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #13
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
Can Amazon format ebooks be read on the Pandigital? I have a Sony 505 now and am wavering between the Pandigital and the Velocity Micro Cruz depending on which one will allow me to read Amazon books.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #14
mikegetz
Professional Nerd

no. the pandigital does epub, pdf, txt, and doc.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #15
klu529

Actually, the units come with android so you can install the Kindle app and read all your Kindle books. You can also side load AZN files you may have downloaded, or convert other formats to MOBI format which the Kindle app can also read.