Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
EdK
EdK began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sigil: how to "import" multiple html's in one go

Hi all,

I am a "newbie" with Sigil. I use a (separate) website-making program which creates multiple small html files for uploading. that's fine, it makes great web sites. But then I will also sometimes want to create an ePub from those multiple htmls, preferably using Sigil.

As far as I can see, Sigil can only "bring in" one html at a time. I don't want to have to do that for eg 100 html files (!!!!). I tried selecting all the html files while using the Sigil file/open menu item - it seemed to select them OK but ended up only bringing in ONE FILE (!!!!).

What am I missing here? Surely there is an easy way to bring in all 100+ little files, using a Sigil command or menu item ??? I would greatly appreciate instruction or enlightenment on this aspect, please.

If indeed Sigil cannot do this, can this functionality be included in an upgrade soon? I really like what Sigil does in all other respects....

EdK 6th September 2017
EdK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:31 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
File->Add->Existing Files

File->Open is limited to a single file.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2017, 11:31 PM   #3
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
File->Add->Existing Files

File->Open is limited to a single file.
I'm lazy. The big PLUS (+) button--third icon from the left--works very well, too.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import html, sigil