Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #16
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
This is the date on which my Nook is scheduled to ship. If one of those infamous B&N e-mails notifications of delay arrives today, I just may cancel the Sinclair order and order another Oberon.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-11-2009 at 08:50 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #17
andrea t
andrea t began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lily,
The top red one is the one I ordered. Reds my favorite color! I may order a blue butterfly one to change off. I can't believe I just said that! The nook won't even arrive until January!
andrea t is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #18
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Today the e-mail from B&N came saying the shipping of my Nook would be delayed. I've canceled the Sinclair cover, and as soon as I get confirmation, I plan to order an Oberon for the Nook.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #19
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Just pre-ordered the Oberon Nook cover. The cover on my Kindle 2 is a blue Roof of Heaven. The original idea was to get a purple ROH for the Nook so they could be like two brothers (or maybe brother and sister), but upon reflection, B&N and Amazon probable wouldn't make a happy family, so I went in another direction: simplicity. The Nook will be getting decked out in da Vinci (saddle).

This Nook will, no doubt, be a very happy e-reader.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #20
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Just pre-ordered the Oberon Nook cover. The cover on my Kindle 2 is a blue Roof of Heaven. The original idea was to get a purple ROH for the Nook so they could be like two brothers (or maybe brother and sister), but upon reflection, B&N and Amazon probable wouldn't make a happy family, so I went in another direction: simplicity. The Nook will be getting decked out in da Vinci (saddle).

This Nook will, no doubt, be a very happy e-reader.
You considered purple but not red? I think red is way more masculine then purple! Anyway that's a good choice, I love the da Vinci; too bad it does not come in red!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #21
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
You considered purple but not red? I think red is way more masculine then purple! Anyway that's a good choice, I love the da Vinci; too bad it does not come in red!
The Roof of Heaven only comes in blue and purple. The purple the Oberon folks use is a deep dark violet color. Traditionally, purple was the color of royalty, but I think nowadays most folks consider it the color of queens -- not that there's anything wrong with that! Actually, I like the purple, and considered it when my wife was buying the K2 cover for my anniversary present, but decided on the blue because it was more in line with the Roof roof Heaven theme. As far as what some people might have thought of my having a Kindle cover the color of Tinky Winky, I couldn't have given a rat's posterior less.

Thanks for that post! I'm glad you like the da Vinci. I like it, too!

Come to think of it, I like all the Oberon covers!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-12-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #22
hsjwmom
hsjwmom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Anybody know of a cover that is similar to BookArmour, but not as ugly? I don't want to ruin whatever reader I get, but I do plan to carry it in my diaperbag or purse. I think I'll need more protection than one of the standard fabric covers B&N sells (though I really like the Alice one).

I ADORE the Oberon Dragonfly Pond cover, but just can't see spending quite that much. Even though I can tell they are worth every penny.
hsjwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:46 PM   #23
binkman71
Enthusiast
binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505; nook
BTW, I got m-edge via this link:

http://www.medgestore.com/

Because my security software flagged the other as being a bad site.

K.
binkman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #24
javajoe96
javajoe96 began at the beginning.

Device: Barnes & Noble Nook, Sony PRS-700
Just added two new places that offer cases for the nook in the top list but here they are so you do not have to scroll up.

JAVOedge
http://www.javoedge.com/

Case Crown
http://www.casecrown.com/
javajoe96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #25
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
I did a breakdown with pictures here... there is also a promo code for Borsa Bella bags good just through Jan 10th!
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #26
joconnor33
joconnor33 began at the beginning.

Device: none
This site has nice inexpensive cases for your B&N Nook if your looking for a deal.

http://www.oriongadgets.com/accessor...ook-cases.html
joconnor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #27
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I have the Chesterton Quote cover and I really like it. It protects my nook very well, I can choose to either hold it like a book (open) or fold it back, and it is very, very soft and comfortable to hold.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #28
Texan08
Texan08 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Lyra Book Light Case

I preordered the Lyra Book Light Case from B&N on Dec.23 2009 knowing it would be a early Feb. 5 2010 delivery date got a message from B&N now it's been delayed until March 10,2010, has any one else ordered this cover and if so is there on back order.
Texan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #29
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
I was expecting delivery of my Nook and Industrielle cover yesterday. Unfortunately, I live near Atlanta and the 2 inches of snow yesterday caused a UPS "act of nature" exception. It has been rescheduled for Monday delivery. Bummer because I'll be on a business trip then.

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone here has the Industrielle cover made by B&N? I ordered it because of the great reviews on the B&N store and also because I don't like the idea of visible straps holding the reader in place.

You can check it out here.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #30
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
I was expecting delivery of my Nook and Industrielle cover yesterday. Unfortunately, I live near Atlanta and the 2 inches of snow yesterday caused a UPS "act of nature" exception. It has been rescheduled for Monday delivery. Bummer because I'll be on a business trip then.

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone here has the Industrielle cover made by B&N? I ordered it because of the great reviews on the B&N store and also because I don't like the idea of visible straps holding the reader in place.

You can check it out here.
That is really nice looking and reasonably priced compared to the other B&N covers. I may have bought it but I already ordered a M-Edge cover. The only advantage of the M-Edge is that it has a slot to add a light which I also ordered.

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bag, case, cover, nook