Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #16
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2, iPad Mini 2, LG v10 (sometimes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

Yum!
Love it!
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #17
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

Yum!
i will eat every single one of those i can get my hands on
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #18
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook*, nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
It’s fitting for an OS that fragments into different pieces.
Right, because all other OS-es have across-the-board support.

Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #19
BWinmill
BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Right, because all other OS-es have across-the-board support.
While I understand what you're getting at, the situation is a bit different for Android. If you have an Android device that is a few months old when a new version of the OS is released, you will probably have to wait several months for an update (if it comes at all). It isn't exactly uncommon for Android devices to ship with a release of the OS that is older than what was available at the time of the devices' release either, and those devices are unlikely to receive an update.

That said, one of the goals of Android 4 is to separate a lot of the components from the core OS so that updates can be issued independent of the device developer. It doesn't solve the issue of fragmentation in the core OS, but it does reduce the fragmentation with many of the applications and libraries that ship with Android.

(Another that said: fragmentation is actually a benefit of Android. It has allowed Android to ship on many devices that it wouldn't have if tight control was exerted over the OS. This ranges from project boards for hobby electronics to consumer oriented game consoles.)
BWinmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #20
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I hate this name.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #21
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, LG G3
Not a fan really either I'd actually be very surprised if money wasn't involved. Makes me wonder if one day android will be called Pepsi OS or something
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
I wonder what Android "L" will bring us

tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #23
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
I really don't give a toss about the name, only the version number and whatever added functionality/improved performance it brings. Call it whatever you want Google.
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #24
BWinmill
BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I wonder what Android "L" will bring us

Well, Lucky Charms does have more marketing potential than lemon bars or licorice.

Though I do hope that Google doesn't go down this path any further. Naming a product after cheap junk food seems to cheapen the platform in my mind. Then again, an Android phone does have the nutritional value of a Kit Kat bar so maybe I was attributing to much value to Android in the first place.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
I really don't give a toss about the name, only the version number and whatever added functionality/improved performance it brings. Call it whatever you want Google.
I bet you'd love Android Lutefisk

Old 09-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #26
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, LG G3
Just saw this advert I guess Nestle is using it to maximum effect already.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I saw it too. Eat your heart out Apple
Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #28
BWinmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Okay, maybe it was worth it just for that advert.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #29
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I bet you'd love Android Lutefisk
That'd be kinda cool and would likely taste exactly as good as its namesake.
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #30
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
This is unexpected but not all that surprising. Google is an advertising company after all.

Brilliant move by KitKat. Tacky move by Google. IMO that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
When a company sells its product names I don't think further explanation should be necessary. As I said, it's just my opinion.
I'm confused on several levels here.

It would not be Google selling the the product name, it would be Kit Kat, and you called them brilliant.

You acknowledge that Google is an ad company (ads pay for all the cool stuff so we users don't have to, which I love) then you insult them for it.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote