Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #31
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
First, I'd recommend at least 16GB.

I've been using the N2A SD card (much the same product) successfully without any problems and I like it. I'm going to give it another month or two and then I'll probably reflash the onboard flash to generic Android so I can open up the SD slot.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #32
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscarbo View Post
I've just ordered a Nook HD+ 32GB and while waiting for it to arrive have been reading forum posts to educate myself as to its capabilities. I don't think I have much interest in rooting it but am curious as to the benefits of getting a dual boot SD card such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3FB3QXWPG2R5F which gives me the option of running either the stock Nook OS or running the latest version of android 4.2.2 jelly bean. I have a Nexus 7 and like the jelly bean OS.

I'd appreciate comments as to pros and cons and any specific experiences with this particular card.
It's very easy to create a CM SDcard yourself using DIY software tools distributed freely by HD+ CM developers on XDA forums.

But if you are going buy a premade card, make sure that its software is based on the most recent CM version 10.1.2 which was released to plug the Master-Key security bugs (http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/this...m-july-12-2013). Otherwise you'll have to update the precard's software yourself (when the seller makes such updates available) which entails more work than creating a DIY card (and thus nullifies the only benefit/reason for buying a premade card in the first place).

Last edited by livramax; 07-27-2013 at 03:04 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #33
jscarbo
Addict
jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW2, Nook HD+, Nexus 7
Thanks for the replies. I'll try it with the stock Nook OS and if I find that I really want the jelly bean OS, I think I'll follow the advice to do it myself.
jscarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #34
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Bit the bullet and installed CyanogenMod onto the Nook HD+, overwriting stock.

Happy so far but, ironically, I've discovered that the Nook app won't install because the platform is Not Supported. Off to find a sideloadable apk file.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote