Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 09-26-2018, 09:53 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I was looking at something like that for a while, but I really love the freedom of getting my audiobooks from everywhere. And that includes streaming. There are a few that will support Audible, but I also use my phone to listen to Spotify (music) and, recently, StoryTel (audiobooks).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #17
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
After using this for a while now, I will say that I am impressed with "the simple setup" for audiobooks: A super small old Sansa Clip player, Rockbox firmware, and wired cheap earbuds.

I think I will continue using this setup as long as it suits my needs. Some day I may move from MP3 audiobooks to Audible, and for that I would need a smartphone with an app to handle the DRM. And then that larger smartphone might in turn mandate bluetooth earbuds for remote control.

But for now, with only MP3 audiobooks, I couldn't be happier than I am with the Sansa Clip setup. And it didn't cost me a penny since I already had this stuff sitting around the house. Nothing wrong with the Smart Audiobook Player app. That is really a great app. But it mandates a smartphone/tablet and for me some kind of remote control (bluetooth earbuds). I don't like pulling a smartphone/tablet out of its carrying location to control the app via the normal touchscreen interface.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:16 AM   #18
misterex
misterex began at the beginning.

Device: none
You can also buy normal wired headphones with a play/pause button: https://www.audioreputation.com/best...ar-headphones/. Using Smart Audiobook Player, you can use one button to perform multiple actions (pause, rewind x seconds (or play next/previous song for music)).
misterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #19
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I have a pair of over-the-ear headphones that I love and have used many many years - Sony MDR-7506's with Beyerdynamic velour cushions - IMHO, this combo just can't be beat for sound/comfort/price. But they don't have a built-in play/pause button. They're actually more geared towards studio monitoring rather than around-the-town general wear.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote