Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-29-2022, 09:19 PM   #1
kristynah
kristynah began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 624 basic touch
Post PocketBook 624 Basic Touch - Not Starting

Hello, everyone! I've had my PocketBook for years now, I bought it when I was around 17 or 16. I never really downloaded that many books on it, just two very long ones. A year ago or so my book was still working then I gave it to my brother for a while. I got it back not so long ago, maybe a few months ago? As I held it in my hands, the whole book screen was as expected - showing the logo of the device and all. The moment I plugged it in for a charging and I pressed the start button - it lit up and flashed green. But then an hourglass in the middle of the screen appeared and the device has been stuck on that screen for hours now. I thought it would get better if I just turned it off and let it charge - so I did that. But the moment I tried turning it off -- the hoursglass symbol was just stuck in the middle of the screen, regardless of the fact that the device was off. I tried pressing the up and down arrow at the same time - the hourglass disappeared but nothing else popped on the screen. I tried holding the start button for 20 seconds - no effect, the hourglass just keeps going. I tried plugging it in the PC and see if it gets detected as a device - and my PC never recognized my e-reader. I've been charging the pocketbook for about 7 hours or so now. Anyone got any ideas why this may be happening and how can I fix this? As I wanted to download a few books recently and I cannot seem to be getting the problem.
kristynah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:34 AM   #2
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
I suspect, that the file on your eReader is corrupted.

[I would advise you]:
• Download latest firmware and trait to SD card (formated FAT32).
https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch
• Start the update by holding down the POWER + two arrows, see the picture:

Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 08:45 AM   #3
kristynah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
I suspect, that the file on your eReader is corrupted.

[I would advise you]:
• Download latest firmware and trait to SD card (formated FAT32).
https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch
• Start the update by holding down the POWER + two arrows, see the picture:

Hi, I am unsure which firmware update I need, as this is an older model of a Pocketbook and I am not sure which one is the latest one. My model is Pocketbook 624. I am also a little bit confused, as I am using a card reader and trying to format the SD card(?) so that I can upload any update on it, but it said that I am unable to format it. Do I need to format the whole card reader or just the micro SD with the pocketbook software on it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForMobileReader.png
Views:	89
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	197080  
Old 10-10-2022, 09:00 AM   #4
kristynah

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristynah View Post
Hi, I am unsure which firmware update I need, as this is an older model of a Pocketbook and I am not sure which one is the latest one. My model is Pocketbook 624. I am also a little bit confused, as I am using a card reader and trying to format the SD card(?) so that I can upload any update on it, but it said that I am unable to format it. Do I need to format the whole card reader or just the micro SD with the pocketbook software on it?
Actually, I just found the version I needed after you have provided the above link, Michal, thank you for that. It is 4.4_1739 judging by the website. However, I tried to format both the SD card reader and the SD by itself (the card that the book is on) -- and an error popped that I am unable to format them. I tried deleting the files separately and it still did not work - as soon as I deleted everything from the card reader and I tried to format it - it said unable to format and then somehow the old files before the formatting -- after I had already deleted them - popped up again, in the same place. I tried that with the pocketbook files too, with no success. Any ideas why this may be occurring?
Old 10-10-2022, 03:36 PM   #5
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Please stop and read this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=278728

What are you doing is destroying the device irreversibly.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 03:38 PM   #6
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
This might help too (2nd step):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=309606
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote